Thread: Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

User Info Menu

Default Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

Hi All,

I have the following set of Zildjian cymbals that I am thinking of parting with:

15" A New Beat High Hats
    16" K Custom Hybrid Thin Crash
    18" K Custom Dark Crash Medium Thin
    19" K Custom Hybrid China
    20" K Constantinople Medium Thin Ride High

These have never left my house since purchased a few years ago, lightly played, none of them can be told from brand new. I am pondering the idea of going with Meinl cymbals, and that is the ONLY reason for thinking of selling these. Just to try something different. Again, all of these are mint/brand new condition. Haven't thought about a price...just trying to see if anyone is in the market for a set like this.
    Last edited by cabasner; 10-13-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Hi All,

I have the following set of Zildjian cymbals that I am thinking of parting with:

15" A New Beat High Hats
    16" K Custom Hybrid Thin Crash
    18" K Dark Dark Crash Medium Thin
    19" K Custom Hybrid China
    20" K Constantinople Medium Thin Ride High

These have never left my house since purchased a few years ago, lightly played, none of them can be told from brand new. I am pondering the idea of going with Meinl cymbals, and that is the ONLY reason for thinking of selling these. Just to try something different. Again, all of these are mint/brand new condition. Haven't thought about a price...just trying to see if anyone is in the market for a set like this.
    craigslist.com ?
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Well it would help a little if you gave a price on the cymbals then that way drummers here would know how much you want for them separately or a whole. Then form there you can negotiate.

User Info Menu

I would advise you keep these.
    Go ahead and buy the Meinl; after a short period, you will want to go back to the Zildjians.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Go ahead and buy the Meinl; after a short period, you will want to go back to the Zildjians.
    Ricardo,

Ya think? Is this from experience? I am interested in your opinion, and the basis.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Ricardo,

Ya think? Is this from experience? I am interested in your opinion, and the basis.
    Meinl has some good products and some, well...............not so hot.
    Zildjian has been a market leader for decades............and for good reason.
    Your Ks are premium cymbals that other companies attempt to match.
    Among my many prized Zildjians (As & Ks), I use a Meinl stack............it adds an effect that I like and I use it where it fits, although sparingly.

I love to have options and there is nothing wrong with owning both...........or even many brands.
    I simply don't want to see anyone here give up some great cymbals and regret it later.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    +1, hard to beat K's. If I was to try new cymbals I would go with UFIP's but that's just me and I have heard them first hand in person but I am more than happy with my K's.
    Crush Sublime Birch

Mapex Saturn V

Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

K's all the way. I would like it if I could find a metallurgist to melt down my K's when I die to make an urn to put my ashes in. I don't own anything BUT Zildjian K's. I have been a fan of them since 1985. Slowly auditioning and adding to my signature mix over the years. While I have found some cymbals that I liked the sounds from (Paiste Signature, Meinl Byzance Dark) it's never been enough to actually part with hard earned money for. I've entertained the notion of buying a whole set of Dream Bliss cymbals just for fun variation and because the whole set costs less than a single 22" K Constantinople, but I still haven't done it.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Curt...PM'd you.

Rich