Thread: Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

User Info Menu

Default Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

Hi All,

I have the following set of Zildjian cymbals that I am thinking of parting with:

15" A New Beat High Hats
    16" K Custom Hybrid Thin Crash
    18" K Custom Dark Crash Medium Thin
    19" K Custom Hybrid China
    20" K Constantinople Medium Thin Ride High

These have never left my house since purchased a few years ago, lightly played, none of them can be told from brand new. I am pondering the idea of going with Meinl cymbals, and that is the ONLY reason for thinking of selling these. Just to try something different. Again, all of these are mint/brand new condition. Haven't thought about a price...just trying to see if anyone is in the market for a set like this.
    Last edited by cabasner; 10-13-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Feeler - Any interest in purchase of a set of Zildjians?

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Hi All,

I have the following set of Zildjian cymbals that I am thinking of parting with:

15" A New Beat High Hats
    16" K Custom Hybrid Thin Crash
    18" K Dark Dark Crash Medium Thin
    19" K Custom Hybrid China
    20" K Constantinople Medium Thin Ride High

These have never left my house since purchased a few years ago, lightly played, none of them can be told from brand new. I am pondering the idea of going with Meinl cymbals, and that is the ONLY reason for thinking of selling these. Just to try something different. Again, all of these are mint/brand new condition. Haven't thought about a price...just trying to see if anyone is in the market for a set like this.
    craigslist.com ?
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Well it would help a little if you gave a price on the cymbals then that way drummers here would know how much you want for them separately or a whole. Then form there you can negotiate.

User Info Menu

I would advise you keep these.
    Go ahead and buy the Meinl; after a short period, you will want to go back to the Zildjians.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Go ahead and buy the Meinl; after a short period, you will want to go back to the Zildjians.
    Ricardo,

Ya think? Is this from experience? I am interested in your opinion, and the basis.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Ricardo,

Ya think? Is this from experience? I am interested in your opinion, and the basis.
    Meinl has some good products and some, well...............not so hot.
    Zildjian has been a market leader for decades............and for good reason.
    Your Ks are premium cymbals that other companies attempt to match.
    Among my many prized Zildjians (As & Ks), I use a Meinl stack............it adds an effect that I like and I use it where it fits, although sparingly.

I love to have options and there is nothing wrong with owning both...........or even many brands.
    I simply don't want to see anyone here give up some great cymbals and regret it later.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    +1, hard to beat K's. If I was to try new cymbals I would go with UFIP's but that's just me and I have heard them first hand in person but I am more than happy with my K's.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

K's all the way. I would like it if I could find a metallurgist to melt down my K's when I die to make an urn to put my ashes in. I don't own anything BUT Zildjian K's. I have been a fan of them since 1985. Slowly auditioning and adding to my signature mix over the years. While I have found some cymbals that I liked the sounds from (Paiste Signature, Meinl Byzance Dark) it's never been enough to actually part with hard earned money for. I've entertained the notion of buying a whole set of Dream Bliss cymbals just for fun variation and because the whole set costs less than a single 22" K Constantinople, but I still haven't done it.
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Curt...PM'd you.

Rich