Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drum Machines

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Machines

A lot of industrial metal bands like Ministry use drum machines to play parts that a human can't play..something super fast that would require 4 arms..You can get crazy like that..that's what drum machines are good for..but as far as drum machines learning to have the "feel" down..I don't see that happening. They may come up with some algorithm that get's close but even that would become repetitive probably.

Keish they gave you good advice about learning audio engineer skills..I think the best way would be to download programs like Audacity for free and even better you can get Reaper for like 60 bucks..People have used both to record albums and just jump right in
    with youtube videos and you'll be doing your own thing in no time.

I personally wouldn't use Audacity for an Ep or an Album it's too simple and not a great DAW just a good teaching tool. I use it when I want to do something quickly like backwards guitar that sort of thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Tom, they will never get the "feel" thing down.
    I disagree. I just heard another program on it the other day on NPR. It might not happen in the next 20 years but I believe it will happen.

User Info Menu

And here I thought that the "machines replacing humans" phenomenon was restricted to the retail industry. Uh, excuse me, my fries are cold.