Thread: Mapex Meridian birch strainer problem

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Meridian birch strainer problem

Hi guys. my mapex meridian birch snare had a problem with the throw off. it seems that the screw hole threads are worn out. when I try to tight the bolt it will spin and keep loose no matter how much I spin it. the problem is that if there is a part missing inside, I wouldn't know it. need your help please if you know which generic spare part would fit my snare I will be very pleased.
    mapex told me that the shipping will take around 6-8 weeks. they had to request the part to the factory.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Meridian birch strainer problem

I have a Mapex Meridian Birch snare and quite honestly the snare strainer assembly gives the appearance of being a little flimsy (although I have experienced no problems with mine).

I'm assuming that the store has to order the WHOLE assembly (and not individual components) - if you can stand not using original parts there are generic snare throw offs available on eBay - you generally just have to measure the distance between the holes on the mounting plate (where it bolts on to the side of the snare drum) and just look at how it attaches to the drum to ensure it is the same.

I broke the throw off on a Pearl Steel Shelled snare and bought a generic heavy duty Gladstone type replacement, it was about half the price of buying a genuine Pearl item and it works great.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Meridian birch strainer problem

I have had multiple issues with mapex strainers in the past. I was able to get them replaced for free by contacting the customer relations line. I was also using Chuck Silverman RIP as a reference before he switched to DW. I am not sure how much that helped. But they replaced it for me twice. And it will need another one because it comes loose while playing
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris