Drum Domains
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Cajon drum

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Cajon drum

    Hi,
    After 3 years, it's time to change a new colour for my old cajon-drum.I choose white as the main colour.Replace the metal rim with wooden rim.also,change the 12" tom to 10".Looks better now!



    Regards,
    Wonder1

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Looks very nice.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Dude that's sick! I have a traditional cajon. I can play it decently, but I haven't learned true hand drumming just yet.

    I think it's awesome how much can be done with a cajon, yours is a perfect example. How does it sound?


    -22

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Quote Originally Posted by 22drummer View Post
    Dude that's sick! I have a traditional cajon. I can play it decently, but I haven't learned true hand drumming just yet.

    I think it's awesome how much can be done with a cajon, yours is a perfect example. How does it sound?


    -22
    Hi,22 drummer!
    I don't really enjoy the Cajon playing position(body bent!),and also sometime my finger feel uncomfortable(long hour & loud playing!).For this one, i use a short drum stick on left hand,a nylon blast-stick on right(hi-hat,tom,cymbals)i can sit with my back straight & Relax.It just sound like a drum! You still can do something like this for your present cajon.(1)keep the front "head" as kick-drum(remove the snare wire or string inside).add a 10" tomburine(with plastic head,remove all the "jingles" & add a short snare wire inside-10" mini snare)and attached it on your left position.you can attached a X-hat(closed hat) plus cymbals on the right hand position!
    Wonder1

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum


    This's the video(still with the old colour!)

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Any venture capitalists out there want to start a drum company with Wonder1? I can offer my excellent HR skills

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    very innovative and I might add...very cool cajon! I always wondered myself of bending over..especially for an old dude like me.
    Enjoy the Music!

    HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

    12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

    21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

    Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

    Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Wow! that's a really cool looking cajon - so the cymbal on the side - is that just a regular splash played by hand?
    I've just got into cajon - got myself an LP Americana - but I want to add some cymbals fr effects - have an old splash and an old zildjian 16 inch - but neither sound too great with hand - though they do add weight with sticks - any advice on good hand cymbals for cajon?

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post
    Hi,
    After 3 years, it's time to change a new colour for my old cajon-drum.I choose white as the main colour.Replace the metal rim with wooden rim.also,change the 12" tom to 10".Looks better now!



    Regards,
    Wonder1
    Wonder1.............your drum building skills and ingenuity are amazing.

    Everytime I see your "kits" and watch the videos I am absolutely impressed!

    Good stuff brother

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Thanks alot Longgun!

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Cajon drum

    Quote Originally Posted by DhineshM View Post
    Wow! that's a really cool looking cajon - so the cymbal on the side - is that just a regular splash played by hand?
    I've just got into cajon - got myself an LP Americana - but I want to add some cymbals fr effects - have an old splash and an old zildjian 16 inch - but neither sound too great with hand - though they do add weight with sticks - any advice on good hand cymbals for cajon?
    I use nylon blaststick to play the Hi-Hat & Crash/Ride the 12" PAISTE 400 Splash.It produce very crispy sound.I'm still search for a good Hand Cymbals for Cajon.May be some drummers here can offer a little information......

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •