Thread: Cover of Washington Post Magazine is about one of the biggest kits around

User Info Menu

Red face Cover of Washington Post Magazine is about one of the biggest kits around

Bill Allen has built one of the world's biggest drum sets, and every day he goes to the storage facility that houses it and, like a man going into the office, spends seven or eight hours playing drum solos. For years no one had heard them until I met Bill this summer. There are complications here, though: Bill has schizophrenia, and he'll only play in Christian Rock bands. But ultimately it's the story of one man finding his joy in life through the drums.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sty...cated-rhythms/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cover of Washington Post Magazine is about one of the biggest kits around

This is a great story!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cover of Washington Post Magazine is about one of the biggest kits around

Challenge Accepted....

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed that
    Yamaha Stage Custom 6 pc
    Assorted Zildjian
    Gibraltar hardware
    Zildjian laminate sticks
    LOTS of snares
    AQUARIAN heads

User Info Menu

just like craigslist they call it a 68 piece kit.... it's a 29 piece kit. Which granted yes is big but my Yamaha Maple Custom is a 22 piece kit. Ok I feel better saying that now.

As for the read it's interesting. I'm glad he's doing what He and HE ALONE wants to do and build.