Thread: Need Advice On Puresound Snare Wires

User Info Menu

Default Need Advice On Puresound Snare Wires

I want to buy some Puresound snare wires, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I have a 5 1/4 by 14 inch Pacific Maple snare, and I play styles like Gospel, rock, pop, and soul. I don't play jazz, and I'm not a heavy hitter. I like a crisp, articulate, high "crack" sound from the snare. I need to decide between the Blasters, Twisted, or Custom series snare wires. Thanks.

User Info Menu

i would think something thin and wound more would make a better crack. But im working off theory no actual method is in my maddness lol
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

standard blasters work great for about anything, very versitle and durable. i use em on all my good snares.

User Info Menu

Hello everyone I am new here and this is my first post. I have a PDP LX snare that I like to tinker with. My main snare that I play with my LX kit is a Ludwig supra402. So the snare that came with the kit I like to experiment with and see how good I can make it sound. It was marginal sounding when I bought the kit. The rest of the kit sounds really good but the snare left something to be dsired. Never the less over the last year I have made many modifications to the snare in an effort to make it sound like something I would be proud of. The first modification was to put some pure sound cutom 20 strand snare wires on it. I felt they were the best choice becasue the blasters are thicker and can sound a little harsh to me. The customs really improved the sound over the stock snare wires and I felt they were a good choice. I have made a number of modifications to that snare that have really woken it up. It really does sound great now. If you would be interested in knowing all I have done just ask and I will post all of the mods for you to consider for your own kit. I lurked around here all last evening and I think taht I am going to really like this forum. Everyone here seems like a bunch of helpful and friendly people. :