Thread: Some guidance needed please

User Info Menu

Default Some guidance needed please

I currently have a TD20 hardware kit with a TD30 upgraded module. So all PD105 and PD125 pads . see avatar (td20 brain pictured though)

I am getting back into acoustic drums and want to fund that better so I want to downgrade my Rolands.

What would be the cheapest and best route to get into a decent sounding module for my set when I sell the TD30? TD11? 15?

is the TD11 compatible even with my set? I think it has a special input harness instead of individual inputs like the 30 has??

or should I look into getting a 2box mod?

pretty much I am asking, how do I maximize profit by selling my 30 and getting into a cheaper brain that still sounds 'decent'.

A guy was offering me today a trade of his td15 with an ex pack on it along with $750 Canadian for my 30. Decent trade? or is he underhanding me on this? a TD11 is much cheaper but is the td11 even worth it in quality?

thanks so much

PS. I just had an offer of $1850 CAN for it. take that deal?
    Last edited by spikeithard; 11-04-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    TAMA HYPERDRIVE BIRCH (rare champagne sparkle finish), TAMA hardware and SABIAN cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Some guidance needed please

I dont know much about the trade but the kv models are where its at. Also with no idea what you want it for. How many pads etc I would be looking at a td9kv (i think thats as low as they go) that would get you the most for it.

Obviously to maximise profit keep the 30 and buy the acoustic. Second hand electrics scare people so losses will be big :-(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters