Thread: Why I love cats.

User Info Menu

Default Why I love cats.

Beautiful fall weather, and one of our cats just loves to be outside. Especially at night. She only comes in the house to eat. Fall weather is also perfect for cruising around town in my '04 GT with the windows down. Last night, about 11:30, I went out to roll the windows up on my Mustang and lock it. Today, I decided to drive it to the store about 2:00 this afternoon. I unlocked the door, opened it, and out ran the cat. She must have been sleeping in the back seat when I rolled up the windows the night before. I looked around the interior and luckily, no scratch or claw marks on anything. About a mile down the road, I start to get this wet feeling inthe seat of my pants. I stop, get out and find the driver's seat is wet. Just then, the overwhelming stench of cat urine overtakes me...

Yes, the cat is still alive....for now.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: Why I love cats.

Ha-ha!

User Info Menu

I believe a cat-skin covered drum throne is in order.

User Info Menu

Ah yes cats! Lots of them around here

That's a great story

all the best...

User Info Menu

Hello kitty

User Info Menu

Cats-Not a fan.

User Info Menu

HAHAHAHAHAHA

If I got in my track car and my cat pee'd on my $2k recaro seats I'd skin the cat lol

Well now you'll know to double check for kitties in the cars!

User Info Menu

I had cats for years, no more. Some where great, some not so. They are good to have around if you have mice in the house other than that they destroy furniture, pee in corners etc. My house is now cat dander/hair free and the best no more kitty litter to clean.
    Dogs are and always been my choice of pets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

If I got in my track car and my cat pee'd on my $2k recaro seats I'd skin the cat lol

Well now you'll know to double check for kitties in the cars!
    Can't tell you how menu times I've had to buff out claw scratches from the paint. Luckily, cat claw scratches tend to be light and can be buffed out completely.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I had cats for years, no more. Some where great, some not so. They are good to have around if you have mice in the house other than that they destroy furniture, pee in corners etc. My house is now cat dander/hair free and the best no more kitty litter to clean.
    Dogs are and always been my choice of pets.
    I have plenty of dog stories as well....trust me. The first week after I bought my Mustang, I walked out into the garage to find our 65Lb. Lab mix laying on the roof of the car, chewing the plastic handle off my new 18V Dewalt cordless drill. That took a lot of self control, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

We live way out in the country, and keep cats around to control pests. And they do, too. A mouse coming on our property is like dropping a WASP in the middle of a Talaban convention - odds of survival are not good!

So, our cats are a matter of necessity; our dog, however, simply because dogs are the finest creatures ever to walk the earth! Absolute loyalty, unfailing love, utter reliability, and total dedication to their "owners."

Lou Holtz once told his golfing buddy that his best friend was his wife. His friend disagreed. "Your best friend is your dog, Lou. Here's how you prove it: Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car while you go golfing. Then, when you open the trunk later that day, see which one is glad to see you."

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I have plenty of dog stories as well....trust me. The first week after I bought my Mustang, I walked out into the garage to find our 65Lb. Lab mix laying on the roof of the car, chewing the plastic handle off my new 18V Dewalt cordless drill. That took a lot of self control, LOL.
    I can honestly tell you man of all the years that I have had dogs ( 6 ) none ever did any damage to my property etc. I know most dogs that chew on things are usually bored or have worms
    Cats on the other hand always looking for ways to sharpen their claws and turn to furniture etc. A scratch post is a necessity with cats.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 11-05-2015 at 12:15 PM.

User Info Menu

I can honestly tell you man of all the years that I have had dogs ( 6 ) none ever did any damage to my property etc. I know most dogs that chew on things are usually bored or have worms
    Cats on the other hand always looking for ways to sharpen their claws and turn to furniture etc. A scratch post is a necessity with cats.
    One of our dogs chewed up my pay cheque!

all the best...

User Info Menu

cat piss is the worst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    cat piss is the worst
    Yes it is.
    Reminds me of a Xmas center piece we had on the table made of pine cones etc. The piece had no smell cause cones were glazed with something. One day the wife says do you smell that pine like odor coming from the center piece and I said yeah but that is odd cause it is not suppose to smell.
    We left it at that and then one day I see my tom cat squatting over the center piece so that is where that smell came from. So yes cat pee is the worst.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    cat piss is the worst
    Yep. We use Natures Miracle Extreme made specifically for cats. Stuff made for dogs and such won't even TOUCH cat urine. It's the only stuff we've found that actually works. Since my wife is the Animal Care Coordinator for the local shelter, we've tried everything. If you saturate the entire area and let it dry, it WILL eliminate the smell.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Well, this dog is "special needs". He's extremely smart, but literally not right in the head. He's on high doses of 2 different psych meds, Buspirone and Amitriptyline. As long as he's on his meds, he's pretty normal. If not, he get ugly pretty fast. Not really aggressive toward people, but to other dogs. He's the worst case of a "resource guarder" that we've ever seen. He was too much of a liability for the shelter to adopt out, so my wife "invited" him to live with us, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

So, I'm guessing this isn't about Cat Maples....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    So, I'm guessing this isn't about Cat Maples....
    Or bulldozers either I guess!

all the best...

User Info Menu

I suspect your kitty deliberately p'd on the drivers seat because of being locked in the car - you can guarantee you'll check in future.

I've got into the habit of tossing bags of groceries into the footwell of the passenger seat of my car because I'm too lazy to use the boot. A few months ago I went out to my car, opened the door and was practically knocked over by the stench. A carton of milk leaked and soaked into the carpet - somehow I didn't notice and I'd left my car parked in the sun all day. I do believe I could have used cat pee as an air freshener

User Info Menu

My cats don't pee anywhere but in the litter box,and they both play fetch with toy mice

User Info Menu

Yeah, I can't really blame her for peeing in the car. I would too, if I was locked in it for 14-15 hours.

Many people don't know this, but If a cat pees on furniture, laundry.....anywhere except the litter box, most of the time it's due to urinary tract infections or problems. They're trying to tell you something is wrong. It's rare for it to be a behavioral issue, but it does happen.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yeah, I can't really blame her for peeing in the car. I would too, if I was locked in it for 14-15 hours.

Many people don't know this, but If a cat pees on furniture, laundry.....anywhere except the litter box, most of the time it's due to urinary tract infections or problems. They're trying to tell you something is wrong. It's rare for it to be a behavioral issue, but it does happen.
    Interesting good to know thanks