Thread: Kick Springs

User Info Menu

Default Kick Springs

I dont know how many of you guys have thought about this or even tried it. But friend of friends friends use to buy high tension springs and put them on his kick. Has anyone else tried this and got any idea on what kind of springs to use and where to get them?

Im gonna try a hardwear store and a car shop because those two places should have good springs. I feel i just need more tension than i can get out of my peddles.

Any thoughts and ideas?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I'm curious Stevo, is that for practice purposes? Are you trying to strengthen your legs, or is that for regular usage? I can't imagine needing more tension than I would get if I cranked my tension up all the way. Just curious, because I have never thought of something like this.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Stevo, I've heard of people doing that. In fact, I just watch an Axis pedal demostration video where a guy was using after market extra-high tension springs for one set of pedals. I've thought about buying new springs (not necessarily extra-high tension) but haven't gone through with it yet. I think you'd be able to find what you need a local hardware store. Let me know how they work out for you, cause I'm still thinking about getting some myself.

By the way, what kind of pedals are you using?
    http://www.myspace.com/jammasterjones
    http://www.myspace.com/nervousexistence

Current Drum Setup: Sonor Force 2005 all Birch: 22" x 17.5" kick, 14" x 5" snare, 10" x 9" and 12" x 10" toms, 16" x 16" floor tom.
    Current Cymbal Setup: All cymbals are Paiste unless otherwise noted: 14" 2002 Sound Edge Hi-Hats, 18" 2002 Medium Crash, 18" Alpha Power Crash, 20" 302 Ride, 16" 502 China, 10" 502 Splash, and 12" Wuhan China.

User Info Menu

im useing a pair of really cheap DXP ones. There nasty and i want to get rid of them asap.

I got some today. They take about twice the tension. I havent tried them properly yet. For the moment im not quite sure its done much other than make it harder for me to press the peddle down :P But i aint tried yet so ill keep you posted when i practice tommorow. If i get chance.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters