Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath

User Info Menu

Default Re: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Our set up last weekend at the hottest music venue in the DC Metro area:
    The stage size looks nice and tight. I like a small stage and venue because you really get a chance to 'connect' with the crowd and when folks get up to dance, the place is packed to the rafters. Is that an iPad hooked up to the mic stand? Thanks...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The stage size looks nice and tight. I like a small stage and venue because you really get a chance to 'connect' with the crowd and when folks get up to dance, the place is packed to the rafters. Is that an iPad hooked up to the mic stand? Thanks...
    Yes, that is an iPad on the mic stand. I've convinced all but one of the band members to ditch the ginormous and hideous music stands and use iPads.

User Info Menu

Yes, that is an iPad on the mic stand. I've convinced all but one of the band members to ditch the ginormous and hideous music stands and use iPads.
    ya I wish my guys would break down and lose theirs too...looks so bush league...

User Info Menu

Marc, I have no idea how I missed this. That is some seriously good stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Marc, I have no idea how I missed this. That is some seriously good stuff.
    Thank you. I appreciate that very much Rick. We're going to be recording some originals shortly.

User Info Menu

Ink what area are y'all in ? I thought I saw something about the DC area.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Ink what area are y'all in ? I thought I saw something about the DC area.
    Yep.......about 20 minutes northwest of Washington, DC.

User Info Menu

Shameless........I know. Go here and give us a like:

https://www.facebook.com/aftermathrockband/

Thx

User Info Menu

Another change at bass player.......geez.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    ya I wish my guys would break down and lose theirs too...looks so bush league...
    I am always trying to convince the guys in my band to try not even using the iPads onstage. So far, they refuse to even consider the idea. They still need to see the chord progressions spelled out, even for songs they've been playing for 4 or 5 years. I played bass in several rock bands, over a 30 year period, before I took up this percussion thing I'm doing now. In none of those groups did anyone ever use a music stand on a paying gig. Learning a song included memorizing your part.
    I still say it does, but now I feel like I am in a minority with that opinion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Problem solved.....the last guy in the band using a music stand is......no longer with the band. Guess that's one way to Git er dun.

User Info Menu

Well, new bass player is broken in. We've had a few personnel changes (all for the better). First gig with the new players is set for Dec. 10 and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

User Info Menu

Well, new bass player is broken in. We've had a few personnel changes (all for the better). First gig with the new players is set for Dec. 10 and I'm feeling pretty good about it.
    Great!

Looking forward to some more vids or at least reviews.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

In my view. Why are you performing in public if you don't know your music? I see this all the time.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Next five tunes being added:

Harder To Breathe-Maroon 5 (not one of my favs)
    Money-Pink Floyd
    Hot Blooded-Foreigner
    Barracuda-Heart

Choosing new tunes always seems to be a struggle.

User Info Menu

Next five tunes being added:

Harder To Breathe-Maroon 5 (not one of my favs)
    Money-Pink Floyd
    Hot Blooded-Foreigner
    Barracuda-Heart

Choosing new tunes always seems to be a struggle.
    For MONEY...who plays the cash register?!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

As I said earlier, Maroon 5's Harder To Breathe wasn't something that I wanted to do, but, we did it for the first time last night at practice and (I'll never admit this to the rest of the band).........it sounded killer.

User Info Menu

Change, change, change. Only two of us left from the original line up (me & the girl). My head hurts.

User Info Menu

Change, change, change. Only two of us left from the original line up (me & the girl). My head hurts.
    Did your line up change again from the Dec 10th gig when you broke in the new bass player? Back to square 1?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Did your line up change again from the Dec 10th gig when you broke in the new bass player? Back to square 1?
    Yep. Lead guitar had to leave because of a recurring hand injury due to overuse. He's been replaced. Last week our rhythm guitarist tells me that he needs to quit both of his bands because of job travel requirements. He's going to be out of town for 30 days, home for a week for the next year and a half. He will stay on until we find a replacement. Seems like lately the only constant is change.

User Info Menu

its nice how you keep driving on. Really tough when you gotta rebuild.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    its nice how you keep driving on. Really tough when you gotta rebuild.
    Yeah it is. It's been a bit of a struggle lately, but, I've put too much time, effort and $$$ into this project to let it die.

User Info Menu

Yep. Lead guitar had to leave because of a recurring hand injury due to overuse. He's been replaced. Last week our rhythm guitarist tells me that he needs to quit both of his bands because of job travel requirements. He's going to be out of town for 30 days, home for a week for the next year and a half. He will stay on until we find a replacement. Seems like lately the only constant is change.
    We just had our rhythm guitar player quit. He didn't want to commit to Saturday practices and felt the drive was too far out of his way to make it convenient for his needs. Who needs a guy like that in a band anyway right? There's got to be some level of commitment. If you can't contribute money (for band merchandise. producing a demo etc.), I can understand, but if you can't contribute time, why even bother? No hard feeling towards this guy but I'm glad we're moving on. Good luck Marc. I know you've spent a lot of effort and money to keep Aftermath going.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rich. I think we're going to be fine.

User Info Menu

Whew......personnel changes are exhausting