Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Professional Looking Hardware?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Most Professional Looking Hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by lukesplat12 View Post
    If you want functionality, get a rack.
    Totally agree 100%, and that's exactly what I did.

User Info Menu

yeah I don't think I could go back to stands ever with my kits since I have a couple of racks

User Info Menu

So what is "functionality" and "durability" ?

My main snare stand is a Dixon bought in 1983

It's function is to hold a snare drum. It does that!

As for durability...it's over 30 years old and never had any relevant issue to speak of. It's been all over the place. Probably cost about $30 at time I bought it.

Anything over and above is sheer vanity!!

all the best....

User Info Menu

Probably the heaviest, most solid looking Hardware I've seen is the Lugwig Atlas Pro range, its not the prettiest by any means and I wouldn't want to actually carry the stuff around but it looks indestructible.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I did the same with a heavy duty Ludwig snare stand............very solid.
    aHa! I bought the hi hat stand that came in with that snare stand! I also bought the pair of Yamaha-era Premier stands that were there - $20 each! and all look like new. No telling what kind of deals I'd be finding there if you weren't beating me to them, Rick!

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 11-19-2015 at 03:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    So what is "functionality" and "durability" ?

My main snare stand is a Dixon bought in 1983

It's function is to hold a snare drum. It does that!

As for durability...it's over 30 years old and never had any relevant issue to speak of. It's been all over the place. Probably cost about $30 at time I bought it.

Anything over and above is sheer vanity!!

all the best....
    I know exactly what you mean and I agree with you, but.....

I have mixed hardware for my Premier Artist Birch set set - Tama Ergorider throne, Iron Cobra Powerglide single pedal, Roadpro Hat stand, Roadpro boom - Pearl 900 boom, DDrum DX boom and Premier snare stand. I would like to change all my non-Tama hardware for Tama Roadpro versions

When I bought my Sonor Jungle kit (used) it came with 400 series Sonor hardware except for the kick pedal which is an old Pearl model - the Pearl pedal works fine, but I would still like a Sonor 400 series pedal. Sometimes I mount a second crash - I use a Premier stand which works perfectly - but would still like a 400 series replacement.

I know that replacing the non Tama and Sonor items will cost around £400 and make NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever - the other brand hardware I have is of similar quality and works perfectly. But that doesn't stop me wanting them.

Yes it is vanity, but the cost of replacing perfectly functional items (poverty) is stopping me from being vain otherwise I would do it in the blink of an eye. If a situation ever comes up that I need a third set of hardware I already know what 5 of the items will be.

User Info Menu

I just ordered the Gibraltar 9600 Pro pack; includes 2 boom stands, one straight, snare and hi-hat stand. It's IMO one of the, if not the best hardware out there. Solid as a rock, a little heavy, but amazing hardware. BTW, if you look for pro hardware at a great price, Greenbrier music has the 9600 PRO right now for 349 with free shipping. Regular price is 499. You can't beat the price for this incredible hardware.
    Last edited by Pearldrummer; 12-03-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    • Crush Limited Reserve Wenge
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals
    • Crush, DW, Pork Pie, Trick Snares
    • MAY Sennheiser, Audio Technica Internal Mics
    • Gibraltar 9600 hardware
    • Protection Racket/RoadRunner Touring cases

User Info Menu

I would love to have all matching hardware like a lot of you guys strive for but every time I get enough money saved to pull the trigger on a hardware pack, something besides chrome stands catches my eye and I resort to using a miss match of old and new stands that I've had around for years. In my opinion, drummers are often called "gear heads" for a reason and some are always searching for the next "Holy Grail" piece of equipment regardless if it's a small plastic tab to keep the tuning lugs from dropping out or the latest greatest legless snare drum stand. That's what keeps it fun right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer View Post
    I just ordered the Gibraltar 9600 Pro pack; includes 2 boom stands, one straight, snare and hi-hat stand. It's IMO one of the, if not the best hardware out there. Solid as a rock, a little heavy, but amazing hardware. BTW, if you look for pro hardware at a great price, Greenbrier music has the 9600 PRO right now for 349 with free shipping. Regular price is 499. You can't beat the price for this incredible hardware.
    The Gibraltar 9000 series hardware is excellent stuff. You will not regret your decision.

But, let me remind everybody that what we are addressing in this particular thread has nothing to do with how good the hardware is. We're focusing here on something of supreme importance - how good does it LOOK!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Gibraltar 9000 for me

rock solid . looks great

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    There's just no denying the stability of the DW hardware. My local GC had just taken in a new/used CP9300AL snare stand last weekend and marked it at a super low price that I couldn't pass up. It's built like a tank, and weighs as much, too:

But, back to the looks department, it does not hold a candle to the design elegance of the Tama Star stand:

I'll continue to be totally satisfied with my lowly Yamaha 700 series hardware, but for right now Tama has the looks department nailed down solid.

GeeDeeEmm
    I love the Tama hardware, always reliable, and the star snare stand looks great. Only thing I dislike about is that I prefer the basket diamter be set with a screw at the bottom of the basket like most stands have, instead of the three individual rods that you adjust, to make up the basket
    Happy Drumming!

IS15