Thread: Need Info on Ludwig LAS16HH Hi Hat Stand

User Info Menu

Default Need Info on Ludwig LAS16HH Hi Hat Stand

Guys, I recently bought one of these used simply because it was so cheap and looks brand new. Functions fine, too, except that I'm wondering if the rod is moving through it's full stroke. The top-to-bottom stroke of the rod on this one is 1.25 inches. I'm thinking that it should be closer to 3." If any of you have this stand, could you please measure the stroke for me so I'll know whether I should tear into it for repairs.

Danke!
    GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need Info on Ludwig LAS16HH Hi Hat Stand

It should have the same stroke as the pedal space from 'rest' to the floor. Could be the top rod(if it's a two piecer) isn't attached to the bottom rod-just being shoved up and down by the connector.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

There may also be a stroke adjustment down near the pedal/shaft connection area. I had a fancier Ludwig High-hat way back, 60's to 70's, so don't remember.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    It should have the same stroke as the pedal space from 'rest' to the floor. Could be the top rod(if it's a two piecer) isn't attached to the bottom rod-just being shoved up and down by the connector.
    Yep, it's connected. I've already disassembled the stand down to the point of taking the spring adjustment area apart, and all looks perfect. I was hoping somebody might have one of these to measure the stoke for me before I start disassembling. Like you, I've never owned a HH stand that didn't move almost all the way to the floor, but I'm not sure of the construction design of this particular system. May be time to find out.

GeeDeeEmm