Thread: The worst band ever.. and I'm not playing!

User Info Menu

Default The worst band ever.. and I'm not playing!

Olimpass was bombarding me with these horrible songs in the one hit wonder thread and it brought up this nightmare. Years ago I read something about Kirk Cobain and the 50 bands he like to listen to..and he said this band could literally peel paint off the wall..and I fully agree!

What's really funny is they did a show for these old folks at some retirement center..and it was like are you trying to kill these people!

But yeah if you got the stomach for it then check out their documentary on
    Half Japanese the band that would be king.
    Enter at your own risk because this is pretty horrible stuff! but very very funny!
    Last edited by wired; 11-25-2015 at 10:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The worst band ever.. and I'm not playing!

That was fantastic!

Well, not really. LOL!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I couldn't find the clip I was looking for where they was playing Gloria for the old folks..and they only have a couple of parts of the documentary on youtube..but I'm telling ya the little guy Jad he hits this way hi pitched scream like a little girl during their rendition "Gloria" and man it sounds like finger nails on a chalk board cat in the blender horrifying noise..oh the torment lol! I'll never forget that godawful noise ever!

I used to think it don't get no worse than a Kerry King whammy solo but boy I was wrong,dead wrong...
    Last edited by wired; 11-25-2015 at 01:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    Olimpass was bombarding me with these horrible songs in the one hit wonder thread and it brought up this nightmare.
    Oh wired, please don't blame me for this...ha ha
    They may have been bad but they were hits at one time.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 11-25-2015 at 03:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Somewhere there is a skilled drummer trying to drum like this!
    That was a real high pitched scream whoa!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Oh wired, please don't blame me for this...ha ha
    I don't hold no grudge it's all good lol..I've been wanting to make this thread for a while. This is what I find funny.. Nirvana actually had these guys to open up shows for them..Can you imagine all the yuppies paying like 75.00 dollars for a ticket and then getting this sonic assault unleashed on your senses?!?

In his top 50 albums interview here's what Kurt had to say about them..
    Half Japanese - We Are They Who Ache With Amorous Love

Kurt saids: "I like to listen to Jad Fair and Half Japanese with headphones on, walking around shopping malls - in the heart of the American culture. I just think that, if people could hear this music right now, they'd melt, they wouldn't know what to do, they'd start bouncing off the walls and hyperventilating. So I turn up the music really loud and pretend it's blasting through the speakers in the mall." hehe Kurt was a funny guy...
    Last edited by wired; 11-26-2015 at 12:16 AM.

User Info Menu

One of the first tunes our band played quite a long time ago.."Gloria".
    I think we sounded much better though.
    I can't see what Kurt Cobain saw in them other than they may be the epitome of the definition or term "Grunge"?
    Wow, that was bad.

User Info Menu

I remember when I was just like 13 years old we had a concert in my backyard..my drummer Lee didn't have a snare stand so he was like holding his snare in lap! and we while we were horrible we were even better than this crap. and these are grown men.. oh yeah my mom who worked near by at this goodwill store heard the racket and came home and ran everybody off..

But in a way I do think that it's a testament to how degenerate we have become as a society. It seems to be that some of the lowest of men moral and intellectual wise are exalted. Fools are treated like royalty and smart people are treated like fools. No society that is set up like this will last very long..Just crazy ya know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wired View Post
    I remember when I was just like 13 years old we had a concert in my backyard..my drummer Lee didn't have a snare stand so he was like holding his snare in lap! and we while we were horrible we were even better than this crap. and these are grown men.. oh yeah my mom who worked near by at this goodwill store heard the racket and came home and ran everybody off..

But in a way I do think that it's a testament to how degenerate we have become as a society. It seems to be that some of the lowest of men moral and intellectual wise are exalted. Fools are treated like royalty and smart people are treated like fools. No society that is set up like this will last very long..Just crazy ya know.
    Some deep philosophy there but I getcha!

Awe... those heady summer days and backyard jams, had to love em!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Well to be honest I only wish I was so wise. What got me thinking about this was King Solomon's Ecclesiastes 10:6-7:6folly is set in many exalted places while rich men sit in humble places. 7I have seen slaves riding on horses and princes walking like slaves on the land.

So you see since the dawn of man it has always been that way. But someday that which is crooked,will be made straight I've a feeling. The proud shall be humbled and the humble shall be exalted and this gives me hope! oh yeah!

User Info Menu

These guys are pretty good.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post
    These guys are pretty good.
    Excuse me?!?
    No these guys are pretty good.

Look I want to apologize to you because I don't mean to come off a snob.
    But check it out. Now this is my opinion and to each their own. I can fully understand like when Prog rock bands/Jazz/and Metal bands start show boating and showing off their chops how it would be considered self indulgent and that's exactly what it is. They had this mindset of "Hey look what I can do!" and the music/song writing really suffered especially in the late 80s
    with all these cheesy hair metal bands who were more concerned with their looks than writing quality material and fans got fed up and said hey I can do better than that and they did too!
    But in the above statements when I said that fools are exalted.. and this is certainly gonna anger some people but you know what I don't care. I deal in hardcore truth. But I'm talking about the average fan is so dumb down that they put guitarist like Kerry King up there with Randy Rhoads. There is no comparison. It's not even close.

I can appreciate punk bands like Iggy Pop...the guitarist on Raw Power was throwing down some mean riffs..and overtime goofy singers like Iggy Pop and Dead Kennedy's Jello Biafra
    sort of grew on me overtime..for years I hated their singing..but now I can see that they did have their own unique style..it's just an acquired taste.
    But I digress back to my point. But when I see low life degenerates like Crash Darby,Sid Vicious dope fiend no talent drug addicts.. Well Darby actually could of been a very good lyrics he was blessed with talent as a linguist. But these guys just live their lives like fools and they died young then they are treated like deity and I find it disgusting! They are a horrible influence our children.. And with such role models it's no wonder we have so many teen suicides. And it high time that low life degenerates are called out for their wicked influence.

Because if we don't then the world is on fire and next thing you know it's your kids that's going thru all these problems. It's a hard matter. But yeah I have no respect for bands like Half Japanese.. Some bands refuse to leave the garage..Other bands should of never left the garage. I'm talking about the blackflags of the world..
    Last edited by wired; 11-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.