Thread: Joey Kramer

User Info Menu

Default Joey Kramer

Joey Kramer

Drummer: Joey Kramer
    Main Style: Hard Rock
    Main Band: Aerosmith
    Brief Summary: He's not going to blow your mind with his fills, but he is the definition of a "Steady Eddie".. All pro drummers have a good "meter" but some are just different! Their live performances usually give them away. Some play "In the pocket", for example.. Well, Joey's one of em'! Give him a listen and find out for yourself!! In 2015 Joey has been driving the beat and groove of Aerosmith for 45 YEARS.... and counting!!!

Other Facts: Joseph Michael "Joey" Kramer born June 21, 1950 in Bronx, New York.

Aerosmith Live:

User Info Menu

Default Re: Joey Kramer

Like most all of you, I've seen many a drummer perform live in concert and they all have something to offer.. I can't quite put my thumb on what it is about Joey, but he will flat mesmerize you with his drumming and rock steady meter.. He's definitely one of my favorites! And like my other thread (Tommy Aldridge) he's been at it a while! 65 years old and still gettin down!

User Info Menu

I've always liked the powder coated hardware he uses!

User Info Menu

creepy as I was reading this Aerosmith was on the radio....

User Info Menu

Hey, a reply is a reply! I'll take it!!

Figured since Joey was recently a victim of the social media "death hoax" he deserved his own thread!

User Info Menu

Surprised he didn't have a mention here prior to this. Always liked the way he held everything together. Fits that band perfectly.

User Info Menu

Saw this today and don't understand the bands decision to go in that direction. Maybe they know something we don't? He's always been solid to me. Saw them on the Pump tour

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/enter...ase/index.html
    Last edited by slinky; 01-23-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Saw this today and don't understand the bands decision to go in that direction. Maybe they know something we don't? He's always been solid to me. Saw them on the Pump tour

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/enter...ase/index.html
    There is probably more to than both sides are letting on. I am not sure what to think of an original member of a monster rock band for 50 years still having to audition for the part after an injury layoff? It May well be similar to the Bill Ward with Sabbath issue.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

That first Aerosmith album was a great learning tool back when i was just starting out. Used to play to the entire album.

User Info Menu

Not a great ending to his career, but, it just proves that above all else.....it's just a business.