Thread: mapex armory series 6-piece

User Info Menu

Default mapex armory series 6-piece

I know when you purchase the kit it does not come with the hardwear.
    My question is when you purchase the hardwear does it come wit the tomholders so you can connect them to the cymbal stand?
    Or do you have to buy them seprate?

User Info Menu

Default Re: mapex armory series 6-piece

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoz109 View Post
    My question is when you purchase the hardwear does it come wit the tomholders so you can connect them to the cymbal stand?
    You should be able to purchase a multi clamp that will allow you to attach the tom mount arm to a cymbal stand. This would probably be a separate purchase..around $20-$40
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

You may want to double check. When I purchased my Meridian Maple, it also said no hardware included, however, when it arrived the tom mount and clamp were in the box. I've purchased other Mapex products with the same experience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    You may want to double check. When I purchased my Meridian Maple, it also said no hardware included, however, when it arrived the tom mount and clamp were in the box. I've purchased other Mapex products with the same experience.
    True if the bass drum of the Armory kit is un drilled, that is to say, no tom receiver mount, then you may want to check with Mapex to see if they include the mounting hardware to an existing stand. From my experience with the brand, I would bet it's in the box.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Yeah I agree IMO Yamaha and Mapex are the 2 best brands out there. I would almost guarantee that they would be included with the Armory kit.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

The toms will definitely come with arms. I'm not sure if they'll have clamps or not.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

My saturn kit came with clamps to mount the toms to a cymbal stand. The armory should be the same.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

In the UK all Mapex Shell packs (Mars, Armory and Saturn) have FT legs, tom arms and clamps supplied for sets with undrilled bass drums.

I've seen several stores selling add on 8 and 10" toms for the Mars sets - they also have a tom arm and clamp included as standard.

I don't know if things are different outside the UK but generally most stores will list exactly what is included with a shell pack, best to check first just in case.

User Info Menu

My 6 pc Armory came with 2 tom holders & clamps. I thought their inclusion was standard tbh.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Yeah with my saturn exotic just recently, I got the two tom arms and clamps (the saturn lV ) they also threw in a pair of soniclear ( saturn v ) tom mounts. Hey I'm not say'in nothing.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 12-18-2015 at 07:16 PM.

User Info Menu

In my experience when I purchased a complete kit all the brands included the necessary hardware to hang the toms if the bass drum wasn't drilled. If the bass drum was drilled you got their version of a mounting tree to insert into the bass drum port.

However, if you buy an add on tom after the fact, you need to get the tom arm and bracket.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I have the Armory 6pc. as well, and yes it comes with 2 tom mounts.
    Last edited by WYOman; 12-19-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Mapex Drums / Ludwig Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Tama Pedals & Hardware / Remo and Aquarian
    Heads /
    Vic Firth Sticks

User Info Menu

Sweet! thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoz109 View Post
    Yes they do! I quite like the new style holders, I believe they are the same as the Saturns. Which finish are you getting?
    http://www.drumchat.com/showpost.php...ostcount=12754
    Mapex Saturn Red Sparkle 10, 12, 14, 22
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare 14 x 6,

Mapex Armory Photon Blue 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    Tomahawk 14x5.5 Snare

Meinl 20" Dark Raw Bell Ride, 20" Traditional Extra Thin Hand Hammered Crash, 18" Sand Thin Crash, 14" Byzance Dark Hats

Samsun 22" Design series Ride, 13" Design Series Hats, 16" FX Loop Effects Crash + 12" Raw Earth Splash (stacker)

Tama Speed Cobra (single pedal), Tama Iron Cobra (double pedal)