Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Health issues...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Health issues...

Just be well, my brother, that's what I care about.

I remember what you did before my surgery and I am heading in that direction.

You are missed around here. A sane voice amidst the lunacy that is DC. Sort of a counterbalance between Mark-A-Diddle and Tom.

Be well

User Info Menu

Thanks for coming back and posting. It sounds like you are getting better. Good to hear from you again.

User Info Menu

It's good that you're back to drumming...feeling better.
    Health issues? What drummer needs 'em? AGH!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

So nice to hear from you Rich...things are on the mend! Yay! All the best to you and yours..
    russ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post
    Glad you are on the mend. Anything that takes us away from our passions = not good.
    Thanks wOOdshedd! I wasn't paying attention to the signs I was in trouble with the side effects until my elbow flared up and I got really scared I could of lost my arm. God Bless Rick Allen but that would of sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Just be well, my brother, that's what I care about.

I remember what you did before my surgery and I am heading in that direction.

You are missed around here. A sane voice amidst the lunacy that is DC. Sort of a counterbalance between Mark-A-Diddle and Tom.

Be well
    Thanks for the message rick. I was too laid out to answer my phone. Thanks for the call.

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    Thanks for coming back and posting. It sounds like you are getting better. Good to hear from you again.
    Thanks 8. I wish I could tell you I'm out of pain but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    It's good that you're back to drumming...feeling better.
    Health issues? What drummer needs 'em? AGH!
    Thanks sling. Sitting at my lap top typing hurts my right shoulder but playing the drums doesn't bother me. Hard to explain that one.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    So nice to hear from you Rich...things are on the mend! Yay! All the best to you and yours..
    russ
    Thanks russ! Back at ya!

User Info Menu

Before:

Today:

User Info Menu

Do you mind me asking what high blood pressure medication you were taking? What was the name? Glad to see you are feeling better.
    R.I.P.
    1. Apollo in Natural Wood - 5 pc
    2. Ludwig Blue/Green Badge in Chrome over Maple - 7 pc
    3. Simmons SDS - 5 pc
    4. Tama Superstar Double Bass in Cherrywine Stain - 9 pc
    5. Pearl Export Double Bass in Wine Red - 9 pc
    6. Tama Rockstar Double Bass in Purple Wrap - 10 pc
    7. Mapex Orion Classic in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware - 6 pc
    8. DW Collectors in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware - 8 pc
    9. Mapex Pro M in Purple Stain - 5 pc
    10. DDrum in Orange Vistalite - 4 pc
    11. Mapex Meridian in Satin Maple - 4 pc
    12. Mapex Pro M in Crimson Swirl - 5 pc
    13. Mapex Saturn in Wax Natural Maple - 6 pc
    14. PDP Concept Maple in Blue Sparkle - 7 pc
    15. Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle - 8 pc
    16. Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl - 8 pc
    17. Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco - 9 pc
    18. DW Collectors in Broken Glass - 9 pc
    19. DW Collectors in Ruby Glass - 9 pc

Current Kit
    20. Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine - 6 pc

On Order
    21. DW Collectors in Candy Blue Azure Burst Over Exotic Mapa Burl - 7 pc

User Info Menu

Glad to hear your on the mend.

Cheers Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

You were very missed around here, it's like a brotherhood or family I guess. I am glad you're feeling better and just in time for Christmas. Take care of yourself.
    P.S. I still think them roto toms are a little far to be reaching for.

User Info Menu

Nice to see you back Late8. Wishing you all the best in your recovery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    Do you mind me asking what high blood pressure medication you were taking? What was the name? Glad to see you are feeling better.
    Thanks iNDiGLo. The high blood pressure meds is called Cozzar. The statin that blew out my elbow is called Lipitor.

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Glad to hear your on the mend.

Cheers Mark
    Thanks Mark! Still feeling a little sketchy as I type and use the mouse, especially the right shoulder blade as it rotates from front to back within the shoulder's socket. This is a huge concern for me since I use a mouse and joystick controller for work. I may need some physical therapy soon. Good thing now, I'm off the pain meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig View Post
    You were very missed around here, it's like a brotherhood or family I guess. I am glad you're feeling better and just in time for Christmas. Take care of yourself.
    P.S. I still think them roto toms are a little far to be reaching for.
    Thanks Spiderjig! I appreciate the kind words man. As far as the rotos, yep, I never could find a good spot for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Nice to see you back Late8. Wishing you all the best in your recovery.
    Thanks ludleg! I appreciate it!

User Info Menu

Rich,

Good to see you posting again...................and great to hear that your health is getting better brother. We've definitely missed you around here.

Overmedication is definitely a problem IMO.............glad you're getting off of them.

I had a three level cervical fusion about 8 years ago......................much better now, but I completely understand the neck pain.............takes a lot out of a man.

God bless you brother and praying for a complete recovery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Rich,

Good to see you posting again...................and great to hear that your health is getting better brother. We've definitely missed you around here.

Overmedication is definitely a problem IMO.............glad you're getting off of them.

I had a three level cervical fusion about 8 years ago......................much better now, but I completely understand the neck pain.............takes a lot out of a man.

God bless you brother and praying for a complete recovery.
    Butch, thanks so much for stopping by the thread man. I remember that you mentioned your neck surgery when I posted about my neck earlier this year. I was going through some gig pics and found many with my head down. I either had a sore neck or I couldn't hear my kick haha.

User Info Menu

Man, Rich, sorry to hear about the health issues. Glad things are coming around!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Man, Rich, sorry to hear about the health issues. Glad things are coming around!
    Thanks Mark! The Raiders had a pretty decent season eh?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks Mark! The Raiders had a pretty decent season eh?
    You know, they are on the way up! They are showing some signs of life. Might be a pretty decent team in the coming years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    You know, they are on the way up! They are showing some signs of life. Might be a pretty decent team in the coming years.
    I always liked both Bay area teams and since the 49ers suck, it's nice to cheer on a team that has a fighting chance. I'm sure Crabtree is happier.

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Late! I know what you age going thru. After two cervical fusions, I have enough titanium in my neck to make a nice bracelet and matching ring! Not to mention a grafted-in piece of my hip bone. My fusions have worked well for about fifteen years now, but the pain has returned in a major way thanks to new bulging discs. My neurologist has been giving me a series of deep injections that have worked well, but after my last heart attack about eight months ago, I have to take Effient - so no more neck injections for at least another 4-6 months. Just have to grin and bear it for now.

Hope you keep improving. Just wanted to let you know that you're not in this alone!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Glad to hear you are on the mend, Late! I know what you age going thru. After two cervical fusions, I have enough titanium in my neck to make a nice bracelet and matching ring! Not to mention a grafted-in piece of my hip bone. My fusions have worked well for about fifteen years now, but the pain has returned in a major way thanks to new bulging discs. My neurologist has been giving me a series of deep injections that have worked well, but after my last heart attack about eight months ago, I have to take Effient - so no more neck injections for at least another 4-6 months. Just have to grin and bear it for now.

Hope you keep improving. Just wanted to let you know that you're not in this alone!

GeeDeeEmm
    Thanks for stopping by GeeDeeEmm. Your neck has been through a lot. The spine injection really helped calm down the nerves in my neck and shoulders. I'll stay the course and jump through the many hoops my HMO is having go through.

I'm told I'd have to wait at least 10 months before I can get another injection. I had my primary care doctor inject my right shoulder blade with 2 trigger point injections before stepping up the treatment to the spinal injection and it did provide just a brief amount of relief.

I take it I'm in for a long road to recovery which could lead me to some more injections and if those don't work, surgery would likely be in the future for me. I have just about exceeded all of my sick leave at work to help rest my neck and shoulder. I didn't realize how fast my condition deteriorated as the weeks rolled by. It sucks growing old. Thanks again for sharing your plight.

User Info Menu

The statin that blew out my elbow is called Lipitor.
    Rich.............I have taken Lipitor every day for 15 years with zero problems.
    My normal cholesterol level is 330; with the drug therapy it hovers at 180.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Hey Rich good to see ya back. Merry Christmas
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Rich.............I have taken Lipitor every day for 15 years with zero problems.
    My normal cholesterol level is 330; with the drug therapy it hovers at 180.
    Everyone reacts different to a certain drug. You're are obviously one of those happy smiling people in the commercial, while the announcer is speed reading all the possible harmful consequences of taking the drug.

@ Late8 please tell me you've retained a good attorney

all the best...

User Info Menu

Been a while since I last posted. The pinched nerves in my neck got the best of me. The pain got so bad I couldn't hold my head up so last week I had to get a cervical spine injection to relieve the pain. So far so good but there's still pain surrounding my right shoulder blade.late8 (aka Rich)

Hello Rich!

I'm glad to hear you are doing better. I fully understand what you're going through as I have been suffering with it for the past year and a half. I've had 2 of those nerve blocks and they make you feel normal again. My last one was in may and it's almost time again. I go until I just can't stand it anymore, and then I get one done.

I have a ruptured disc in my lower back and one in between my shoulder blades along with the pinched nerve and arthritis in the neck. I haven't been able to pick a stick up in almost a year now. It's so frustrating because it's affected my life in so many ways and keeps me from doing things I love.

Medicines are great sometimes but I don't think we fully understand the adverse effects that many medicines have on our bodies. Cholestrol and blood pressure meds are two of the worst offenders. I am on Crestor for cholestrol and it makes my legs constantly hurt.

I am so glad you are getting better. The pic of that elbow made MINE hurt!

Take care!
    JIm
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

I've had my share of run ins with health issues, but fate had other plans. I'm sure it does for you too - the human body is actually quite amazing and contains almost everything it needs to heal itself naturally. Almost unexplainably so, things have ways of turning themselves around for the better. You'll beat this thing, I believe in that. Life throws us challenges sometimes to test who we are as people - and now you know you're too tough to die. As long as you believe in that, you'll overcome these challenges - they shall not overcome you.

Be well.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you're doing better Rich. I was taking cholesterol medicine as a preventative med due to being diabetic and had some of the same aches and pains.

I stopped taking the meds, felt better in a few days and got a new rx at the Dr office for a lower dose. Been good ever since.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey