Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Health issues...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Health issues...

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks Mike! I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.
    Rich.................

Your house is close to the best wine in the World....................enjoy !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Rich.................

Your house is close to the best wine in the World....................enjoy !
    I will Ricky...I'm going to enjoy my life and take my "lumps" as life hands them out. I have to sleep with a mask like this on my face every night to be able to continue breathing as I sleep. You can see why hardware behind my esophagus would make sleeping like this a little rough...

Last edited by late8; 04-28-2016 at 03:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Looks like a major hassle but I understand the alternative is not good.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Looks like a major hassle but I understand the alternative is not good.
    Major hassle...can't go camping without A/C outlet near-by. Passing through TSA checkpoints at airports while traveling with the CPAP machine is a hassle because they'll open up the travel case exposing the mask and the breathing hose to environmental air-borne contaminates and each night before use, every piece of the mask and humidifier has to be sterilized with distilled water but it beats the surgery by miles...

User Info Menu

You need a vacation in the Bahamas. breathe in some island air, and just chill on one of our many fabulous deserted beaches!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Hoping for the best Rich. I also need the CPAP, its a lifesaver as far as Im concerned.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    You need a vacation in the Bahamas. breathe in some island air, and just chill on one of our many fabulous deserted beaches!

all the best...
    I'd love to come breathe in the Bahamian air! Need a drum tech? I'll work for room and board

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Hoping for the best Rich. I also need the CPAP, its a lifesaver as far as Im concerned.
    Thanks GF! If I didn't do the sleep survey 7 years ago, I would be dead today. My apnea index was at 84 (stopped breathing 84 times during a 60 minute period) before CPAP and now it's down to 2.0 and the longest duration without breathing was 45 seconds. I was a ticking time bomb. I was either gonna die of a stroke or a heart attack and you're 100% right...CPAP is a lifesaver.

That's why I think this titanium plate isn't going to make it any easier to breathe or swallow unless I get my airway enlarged by getting my jaws broken and moved forward. Just look at the size and thickness of this titanium plate. It's about the same size as a child's belt buckle.

Look at the size of those hex bolts; something I'd find under the hood of my car?

-

Here's my x-ray taken a few months ago. I noted with red arrows and a yellow circle where my concerns are:

Last edited by late8; 04-29-2016 at 05:20 PM.

User Info Menu

I couldnt bring myself to do the plate. My 1st sleep study was 63 x oer hour,the 2nd was over 100. I would fall adleep driving, sitting at a red light, mid conversation etc. Much better now but still not good and its been years. I get nervous when the electric goes out cause I need that.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

This is like a nightmare.

Rich, my utmost respect, admiration and prayers are for you, my friend.

If you EVER have to let it out, you have my number.
    Signature here