Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Board Bass Pedals?

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Long Board Bass Pedals?

i would try one out for a while before buying. the size of your feet shouldn't make the decision. long boards FEEL very different. the leverage is different.

the main purpose is less effort and it's very easy to play fast stuff

when i play slower I prefer short pedals these days.

User Info Menu

I ended up trying out a Speed Cobra. I messed around with it for a little while, and decided the long board wasn't quire what I was looking for. I was surprised at how different the long board felt. There was one thing about it that I did really like though, the "Cobra Coil", which is a spring under the foot board causing the pedal to bounce back quicker. So I ended up buying one of the new Iron Cobra 900s, and that feels really nice. I've reduced the tension in the spring, and also adjust the angle of the beater. For some reason I always played with the beater pretty close to the bass drum head, in hindsight I've found that this was a bad idea.

Overall, I'm very happy with the new Iron Cobra.

Thanks for everyone's input!

User Info Menu

If you prefer the short boards, you made a good choice.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I bought Yamaha long boards in 1988 and because I played them for so long, everything else feels funny to me................
    I'm still using the 80's Yamaha long boards. Best pedals I've ever played. I just picked up a spare one recently for $25, lol. Even the guy at the music store commented how advanced the pedal was for its time with its longboard design, I absolutely love them!