Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did you do last night? ... (New Years)

User Info Menu

Default Re: What did you do last night? ... (New Years)

One of my guitar players had a reunion gig with a former band.............I hope it went very well for them.

My current band could have easily scored a NYE gig but I was glad to stay home and relax.

We are already promoting a Valentines theme for a gig booked at the best club in town..............we play Saturday, February 13th.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Thats a great show, cannpt wait till 3rd season comes to netflix.. I just finally got HBO on demand and am hooked on Game of thrones. I am having a hard time finding episode 6 of season 2 though..arggghhhh
    Season 3 is on Netflix now, best season so far,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    One of my guitar players had a reunion gig with a former band.............I hope it went very well for them.
    I was in a band that broke up because of a similar situation.

They didn't have a NYE gig lined up, and there was NOTHING even remotely tentative that was a possibility. We had even discussed it a rehearsal and accepted the fact that a NYE gig wasn't going to happen.

A week before NYE the bass player called me up and asked if I was interested in working a gig with a local artist who usually played solo. (He used Keyboards, Guitars and tracks).

The pay was fantastic, ($2500) and it was a good gig, so we committed to it. The next morning our first band got called for a gig and the leader of the band booked it. He then found out that we had already committed to another gig. Of course we hadn't even had a chance to tell him we were booked as we'd just gotten the gig the night before after a late night audition/set list go over.

Band leader BLEW UP over it - and the way it all went down, we decided to leave the project. We had gotten tired of his alcohol fueled tyranny anyhow.

We understood his frustrations.....but he refused to accept our position too. Oh well..
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

We gigging NYE, it was one of those where you look forward to it for so long that it didn't live up to what i hoped it would be, i've had better gigs.

Cheers Mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums