Thread: Pearl export exl

User Info Menu

Default Pearl export exl

How's the hardware for the set, its a p930 demonator, anyone have one?
    Last edited by Hockeyanddrums96; 01-05-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Wrong forum

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl export exl

It's a great pedal for the price.......

User Info Menu

I'm NOT a Pearl fan but we just became an authorized dealer this year and I am super impressed with their new eliminator pedals.

User Info Menu

What store do you work for, Spaz? Seems like you have a lot of good stuff...
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    What store do you work for, Spaz? Seems like you have a lot of good stuff...
    I'll have to post up some pics because we just opened a new building almost 4x the size of our old store. Our goal is to be a major competitor of Guitar Center which is located both an hour north and an hour south of us.

Music store I teach/work for is Voigt Music in Janesville, WI

We're primarily a Yamaha and Ludwig dealer but we now stock: Pearl, Mapex, Ddrum, Orbitone, Roland

Cymbals we do Sabian, Zildjian and starting Meinl shortly.

User Info Menu

That's cool man, good luck! I'm with a photo equipment distributor and my accounts are all small, family owned independent stores.

I try to shop local when I can rather than big-box now. I see now how it effects local economies and such. Wish more people would.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'm NOT a Pearl fan...
    How come Zack? Don't like the sound of Pearl drums? Lousy finishes? Bulky hardware? Just curious...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    How come Zack? Don't like the sound of Pearl drums? Lousy finishes? Bulky hardware? Just curious...
    Me either, and for no good reason. I realize it's silly and unfounded but I'd just would rather play something American made.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'm NOT a Pearl fan but we just became an authorized dealer this year and I am super impressed with their new eliminator pedals.
    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Me either, and for no good reason. I realize it's silly and unfounded but I'd just would rather play something American made.

all the best...
    I'm with you, Kay-Gee. For some reason Tama & Pearl never flipped my switch. I know that they make quality stuff, and I played around on a Pearl Masters kit in a music store and it was quite nice. I just never really felt it.

I do have a Pearl boom cymbal stand and it's every bit of 30 years old. Still rock solid. Also, My thrown is a Pearl, which I later changed the seat to a Roc-N-Soc. I love it.
    Last edited by CycleDude; 01-07-2016 at 07:52 PM.
    Kevin
    24/12/16 6.5x14

User Info Menu

There are several reasons. For example so many companies have switched to newer ball style mounts for almost infinite adjustability with toms. Pearl is still using the gear tooth arms. And even with the new free floating tom arms we both feel like that's just adding more pieces to fail down the road. More pieces that could come loose or strip etc.

I'll have to take some photos but their finishes and the wood wrapped itself has always had some issues that drive me nuts. I'll take some photos of the kits at work next time I'm there and I'll show you. But you can see the overlap inside and you can see where the lacquer wraps around on the outside. Also all of their old export kits were a pain to tune and I hated the sizing options. lol

Just something about Pearl has just never sat right for me. Our drum tech at the music store feels the same way lol but the owner liked their deals so we became a dealer now.
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 01-08-2016 at 07:57 AM.

User Info Menu

I don't mean to thread jack but check this out... we got in 4 pearl kits and each has issues.

First off all we ordered shell packs and believe it or not not a single one came with any tom mounts or hardware at all.... any other shell packs we order at least have tom brackets to mount the toms?!

Anyways, here's a pearl floor tom.. came straight from the factory and they literally forgot to install EVERY tension lug on it... how does that get past quality control?!

This is minor but it drives both Derrek and I nuts... look at the initial first wrap. We can't stand how it over laps and stands out. We don't see this in the Yamahas or really any kit. This is on the top of the line Pearl Masters series btw

here's another kit with a nice finish... EXCEPT this big nasty HUGE gap where the finish apparently starts and stops... it's on EVERY drum

it's an eye sore and you can feel this huge gap it's crazy.