Thread: Hello from Niagara!!

User Info Menu

Post Hello from Niagara!!

I'm unsure why it took so long for my account to be validated, but regardless; here I am!

Hi, I'm Jeremy!! I'm a 36 year old drummer from Niagara. I play a Mapex Armory Kit, Magna Red in colour, with a Mapex 13 x 6 Inch Black Panther Special snare drum as my main snare and a Mapex 10 x 5.5 Inch Maple Snare as my side snare. Other than an X-hat arm, whose make is unknown, all of my hardware is Mapex

I also have a Yamaha Club Custom kit which I refer to as "The Clown Kit" as the bass drum is blue, my rack tom and floor tom are black, and my snare is orange. Super cool if you ask me. I've yet to actually play them other than taking the snare for a test drive before I bought it.

I play Sabian cymbals. My crash cymbals are 18" and 19" AAX-plosion. I have an HH 14" Chinese, a 10" AAX Splash, a 20" HHX Evolution Ride, a set of 14" AAX Stage Hats on an X-hat arm, and I use 12" AAX Stage Hats as my main hats.

My sticks are wood Vic Firth 5B, but I also have two sets of Vic Firth Titan sticks that I use on occasion.

My favourite drummers are Neil Peart, Danny Carey, and Jimmy Chamberlin. However, my all time favourite drummer and idol is none other than Rick Allen from Def Leppard!!!

So that's me in a nutshell!!

Quickly...does anyone find it weird that I use 12" hats as my main hat as opposed to the usual 13" or 14" that most drummers use? I love my 14" hats, but for some reason I love the pitch and chik of my 12" hats more. Opinions??

Have a great day all!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hello from Niagara!!

HI welcome to the forum.. I once knew a guy from Niagara who worked with my father at the city water dept. He was one of the hardest workers I ever meet. Very intelligent.

You know I too appreciate Rick Allen's playing, really hip on songs like Rock of Ages and Photograph is just over the top!

User Info Menu

welcome to the drumchat forum!

I also have a friend who uses 12" in a funk band. He loves the snappy sound. I questioned it forever but it fits with his high tuned kit.

User Info Menu

Welcome from one Canadian to another to DC.

User Info Menu

Welcome, CDG.

As far as your hats question goes, there's no right or wrong. If you like the sound of your 12" hats, that is what is important.

Glad to have you on the forum.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Welcome!

User Info Menu

Welcome! 12" hats eh? I am on the other end...use 15". You will enjoy this group alot. we are 1. friendly, 2. knowledgeable, 3. just down right drum crazy
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

welcome!
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

How's the old Lundy's Lane doing?

Love the Falls

Welcome to DC

all the best...

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!

User Info Menu

I'm a little late seeing this, but just want to say welcome from New Brunswick!

User Info Menu

welcome from Toronto

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC! I don't think I've ever seen 12" hats, but it's all about finding the sound that fits. I use 13", 14" and 16" hats, depending on the kit I use and the venue.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Hows the club/music scene in the Buffalo-Niagra-Toronto scene these days?

It's been a while since I've been.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Welcome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDrumGod...not!!! View Post
    I'm unsure why it took so long for my account to be validated, but regardless; here I am!
    Hey CDG, welcome to DrumChat. Sorry for the delay in getting you in. It's a popular forum and we sometimes get behind. We also get a lot of spammers that sign up and it takes time to filter them out. Thanks for your patience and welcome to our drum family!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDrumGod...not!!! View Post

Hi, I'm Jeremy!! I'm a 36 year old drummer from Niagara. I play a Mapex Armory Kit, Magna Red in colour, with a Mapex 13 x 6 Inch Black Panther Special snare drum as my main snare and a Mapex 10 x 5.5 Inch Maple Snare as my side snare. Other than an X-hat arm, whose make is unknown, all of my hardware is Mapex

I also have a Yamaha Club Custom kit which I refer to as "The Clown Kit" as the bass drum is blue, my rack tom and floor tom are black, and my snare is orange. Super cool if you ask me. I've yet to actually play them other than taking the snare for a test drive before I bought it.

I play Sabian cymbals. My crash cymbals are 18" and 19" AAX-plosion. I have an HH 14" Chinese, a 10" AAX Splash, a 20" HHX Evolution Ride, a set of 14" AAX Stage Hats on an X-hat arm, and I use 12" AAX Stage Hats as my main hats.

My sticks are wood Vic Firth 5B, but I also have two sets of Vic Firth Titan sticks that I use on occasion.

My favourite drummers are Neil Peart, Danny Carey, and Jimmy Chamberlin. However, my all time favourite drummer and idol is none other than Rick Allen from Def Leppard!!!

So that's me in a nutshell!!

Quickly...does anyone find it weird that I use 12" hats as my main hat as opposed to the usual 13" or 14" that most drummers use? I love my 14" hats, but for some reason I love the pitch and chik of my 12" hats more. Opinions??

Have a great day all!!
    Welcome, eh!
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

The big introduction, then he forgot to save the site link and couldn't find his way back.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

welcome.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums