Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

  1. #26

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    O
    I actually have an extra 12",14" and 1" tom left over . . .
    I've had trouble hitting a 6" tom - that 1"er must be REALLY tough.

    (I couldn't just let that go)

  2. #27

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    hahahahaha!!

    it's the popiest sound ever
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  3. #28

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Seriously, all of you bargain hunters need to go talk to someone who works with CDBD.

    The way I see it, 2 arms, 2 legs = 15 drum sets, somewhere north of 50 snare drums, and G O D knows how many odds and ends (cymbals, stands, etc.).

    Maybe I should look at it this way: I can only play 1 set at a time, therefore, it only stands to reason that I need at least 8-10 more drum sets so, at tax time, I can tell the IRS that, yes, I need all those drums because, ....................................well, all my friends on DC have that many sets, ergo, I, obviously need them too.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

  4. #29

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Seriously, all of you bargain hunters need to go talk to someone who works with CDBD.

    The way I see it, 2 arms, 2 legs = 15 drum sets, somewhere north of 50 snare drums, and G O D knows how many odds and ends (cymbals, stands, etc.).

    Maybe I should look at it this way: I can only play 1 set at a time, therefore, it only stands to reason that I need at least 8-10 more drum sets so, at tax time, I can tell the IRS that, yes, I need all those drums because, ....................................well, all my friends on DC have that many sets, ergo, I, obviously need them too.
    1-2) Two of my kits are at my music studio for teaching. One for me and One for my students to play on so we can play at the same time.
    3) My Sonor kit is setup as a quiet practice kit so that I can play when my daughter is around.
    4) My orange kit use to not be at my house, it was my gigging kit with my last two bands and we always left it at our practice studio. So when I start playing again I'll be using that as my gigging kit again.
    5) My Yamaha kit was my touring kit but then it grew so big it was retired and now I leave it at my moms house so when I need a break from the family and dogs I often go over there and just wail on my kit with no one to stop me! (it's nice)
    6) My Pork Pie kit was a baby gift to myself...? lol And it was suppose to be a simple 1up 2 down but Bill at Pork Pie was so great to work with we ended up building a 9 piece kit hahahahaha
    7) My other Sonor Martini is my daughters kit (for now... until she decides she doesn't wanna play)
    8) My club PDP kit has worked great for small shows with my dads band

    As for all my snare drums, when I was in college I was a recording drummer for several years. I started collecting snare drums because that is the controversial drum on the drum set in my opinion when laying down tracks in a studio. The right snare drum will really take a song to the next level. Some songs required high pitch tones and some wanted/needed big fat deep tones. So I would always show up with 4 or 5 snares to give lots of options to the song owners. Then from there my addiction started to just buying snares.


    But honestly yeah there's definitely no need. I'm a hoarder and I'll admit it. I've never sold or thrown away any drum parts, stands, hardware or anything almost ever. Someday I'll start reducing my "inventory" now that I have the house and family. Probably to help pay for things for Harper haha Heck, I could probably send her to college by selling all my gear :P
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  5. #30

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Boys will be boys lol. Gotta have more, bigger, faster, nicest etc etc than the other guy.

  6. #31

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Boys will be boys lol. Gotta have more, bigger, faster, nicest etc etc than the other guy.

    I disagree. It's not about the other guy. I don't care what others have other than to learn about it, enjoy in their elation for specific gear and perhaps pick up "one of whatever" for my own curiosity. I doubt Spaz gave any consideration to what I own just like I wasn't looking at his collection to one up him. I don't even think we have the same gear in about anything except perhaps cymbals.

    Same with Late8. He has tons of gear but none of us compared and decided, "he has that so I need this" type of mentality. We are in this for ourselves first and foremost.

    By nature, I'm curious to fully understand this hobby and the instruments that make it happen.

    Plus, it's fun to look at, Right, Spaz?
    Signature here

  7. #32

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    I disagree with you too. Most that I know even my self got to have the best, biggest, nicest toy. I may not have the biggest kit here on DC because drum gear is not my priority in life but I do have a lot of expensive toys that others would love to have. Just saying

  8. #33

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    1-2) Two of my kits are at my music studio for teaching. One for me and One for my students to play on so we can play at the same time.
    3) My Sonor kit is setup as a quiet practice kit so that I can play when my daughter is around.
    4) My orange kit use to not be at my house, it was my gigging kit with my last two bands and we always left it at our practice studio. So when I start playing again I'll be using that as my gigging kit again.
    5) My Yamaha kit was my touring kit but then it grew so big it was retired and now I leave it at my moms house so when I need a break from the family and dogs I often go over there and just wail on my kit with no one to stop me! (it's nice)
    6) My Pork Pie kit was a baby gift to myself...? lol And it was suppose to be a simple 1up 2 down but Bill at Pork Pie was so great to work with we ended up building a 9 piece kit hahahahaha
    7) My other Sonor Martini is my daughters kit (for now... until she decides she doesn't wanna play)
    8) My club PDP kit has worked great for small shows with my dads band

    As for all my snare drums, when I was in college I was a recording drummer for several years. I started collecting snare drums because that is the controversial drum on the drum set in my opinion when laying down tracks in a studio. The right snare drum will really take a song to the next level. Some songs required high pitch tones and some wanted/needed big fat deep tones. So I would always show up with 4 or 5 snares to give lots of options to the song owners. Then from there my addiction started to just buying snares.


    But honestly yeah there's definitely no need. I'm a hoarder and I'll admit it. I've never sold or thrown away any drum parts, stands, hardware or anything almost ever. Someday I'll start reducing my "inventory" now that I have the house and family. Probably to help pay for things for Harper haha Heck, I could probably send her to college by selling all my gear :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I disagree. It's not about the other guy. I don't care what others have other than to learn about it, enjoy in their elation for specific gear and perhaps pick up "one of whatever" for my own curiosity. I doubt Spaz gave any consideration to what I own just like I wasn't looking at his collection to one up him. I don't even think we have the same gear in about anything except perhaps cymbals.

    Same with Late8. He has tons of gear but none of us compared and decided, "he has that so I need this" type of mentality. We are in this for ourselves first and foremost.

    By nature, I'm curious to fully understand this hobby and the instruments that make it happen.

    Plus, it's fun to look at, Right, Spaz?
    Along with dealing with CDBD, it seems there is a touch of paranoia going around. I referred to bargain hunters, I didn't mention any names.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

  9. #34

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I disagree with you too. Most that I know even my self got to have the best, biggest, nicest toy. I may not have the biggest kit here on DC because drum gear is not my priority in life but I do have a lot of expensive toys that others would love to have. Just saying
    LOL. Speak for yourself.
    Signature here

  10. #35

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    Bish I am sure you have some toys too. We all do in our man caves.

  11. #36

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: WTB: Sparkle Orange PDP BD or Kit

    I have 2 sets of drums, my pool table, and a stereo. I'm looking for a lady between 30 and 45 to cover most of what I need.

    By the way, I don't call it a man cave, I call it A MAN CAVE. I have had coffee a couple of times with a lady, but I get the feeling that she's looking to get married again, which I'm not.

    I can't believe that Starbucks charges a arm, a leg, and your 1st born male child, for the worse coffee I've ever had. So I sit in my CAVE waiting to discover fire. Keeps me out of trouble.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •