Thread: Anybody else notice stores' out of drums?

User Info Menu

Exclamation Anybody else notice stores' out of drums?

As I started looking for replacement drums I've noticed a LOT of on-line music stores are a bit short of Tama, Sonor and others choices... Is this normal? Some have expected delivery dates of 3/2016. A couple are no longer available and one music store in VA even has an in-operable site.
    Also lacking are some 4pc. configurations(3 toms and kick)down to only 2 toms and a kick.
    Last edited by slinglander; 01-18-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added text
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anybody else notice stores' out of drums?

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    As I started looking for replacement drums I've noticed a LOT of on-line music stores are a bit short of Tama, Sonor and others choices... Is this normal? Some have expected delivery dates of 3/2016. A couple are no longer available and one music store in VA even has an in-operable site.
    Also lacking are some 4pc. configurations(3 toms and kick)down to only 2 toms and a kick.
    Maybe because of NAMM? Otherwise might just coincidence as I see a ton of Tama kits available.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

expensive to keep everything on hand in stock. Especially when drummers are super picky about gear, color, style, hardware etc.

User Info Menu

Maybe people bought drums for Christmas and the stores need to restock. I'm just guessing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Maybe because of NAMM? Otherwise might just coincidence as I see a ton of Tama kits available.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    expensive to keep everything on hand in stock. Especially when drummers are super picky about gear, color, style, hardware etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    Maybe people bought drums for Christmas and the stores need to restock. I'm just guessing.
    All of these...
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

There are plenty of kits in the less than $1000 range but a bit over that (Tama B/B for ex.) a lot won't be available for 3 mon. Same with Sonors, dealers have a "email for notification of availability" on the sites. My big, local, Harrisburg store has a bunch of DW type kits for over $2000, most with only 2 toms.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT

User Info Menu

What are you looking for? Something in particular?
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    What are you looking for? Something in particular?
    Actually, yes: less than $2000; something different than my 3 different maple kits, 2 up 1 down(16"FT) in beech or B/B in a light/white color or finish that I like. My current drums are dark red, dark brown burst and black, so a lighter finish is what I'm looking for, but no glitter, no greens or blues, no smoked or black tom hoops...

Maybe I should just wait.

User Info Menu

Actually, yes: less than $2000; something different than my 3 different maple kits, 2 up 1 down(16"FT) in beech or B/B in a light/white color or finish that I like. My current drums are dark red, dark brown burst and black, so a lighter finish is what I'm looking for, but no glitter, no greens or blues, no smoked or black tom hoops...

Your going to really like Beech, Check out the Sonor Ascent series. Under $2K and they have about 10 colors that all look gorgeous but the Creme white with nickel hardware looks stunning in person
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Slingy..........maybe this is just what you need to add to your collection.........

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

As per the original question...yeah, I've noticed less merchandise generally in a lot of music stores.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I'm fully stocked.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I'm fully stocked.
    When's the next "fire sale?"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I'm fully stocked.

Yes Bish is fully crocked.................................wait...... ...................did I read that wrong. I can't find my reading glasses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Yes Bish is fully crocked.................................wait...... ...................did I read that wrong. I can't find my reading glasses.
    Depends on the time of day, (hic)
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    When's the next "fire sale?"
    Never, I hope.

Fresh air sales anytime but no fire sales.

Everything is always for sale. All one has to do is ask and throw out a fair offer and you just neeeeever know.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Okay looking that specifically I do see that the B/B kits can be out of stock until early March, but it really depends on the finish/config. There are a lot of kits on Ebay (from typical retailers), but you'd have to be more flexible on finish.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Your going to really like Beech, Check out the Sonor Ascent series. Under $2K and they have about 10 colors that all look gorgeous but the Creme white with nickel hardware looks stunning in person
    Sonor dealers quote 6 mo. waiting time...I like the creme Ascents but not the smoked nickel hoops(so that would be a special order!). Well, they're all special orders-everybody waiting for the re-organization to re-organize since the distributorship change.