Thread: Roland Cymbals with Yamaha DTXtreme II

User Info Menu

Default Roland Cymbals with Yamaha DTXtreme II

Has anyone tried this.....I find that the Yamaha cymbals just can't take the pounding and I'm betting the Roland are better for receiving the punishment.......is anyone using Roland cymbals with the DTXTreme II brain?......and if you are which Roland cymbals are you using?.......thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland Cymbals with Yamaha DTXtreme II

Im just curious as to why would you be "pounding" your E-Kit cymbals?
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Guess it was probably more my son pounding than me......but still once you get "into" playing the song....for me it's just a natural thing to hit harder......geeez have you ever seen Tony Royster JR play his Roland TD30's?.....he is an animal and the Rolands can take it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Im just curious as to why would you be "pounding" your E-Kit cymbals?
    Dynamics are lacking on E kits, especially on the cymbals. If an A kit goes from 1-10, an E kit really only seems to go from 7-10. You try to make them louder by hitting harder even though it has topped out.

I've found that if I set my max cymbal volume too high, I have to be way too careful not to make a huge obnoxious crash in the course of the song. Then, when I need a huge crash, I hit them harder......to no avail It's a fine balancing act.

I have had two Roland CY 6 failures. They aren't completely dead but they are acting up.
    Last edited by NewTricks; 01-26-2016 at 07:20 PM.

User Info Menu

I tuned my td30 with a massive range. I have to really belt them for a 10. Not that that is necessary. Also the latter. I cant hit soft enough for a 1. Works well for the dynamics though.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters