Thread: Super pads

User Info Menu

Default Super pads

Im in process of setting up my kit for optimal apartment practice. I have a 4 piece kit. I just ordered the super pad for my snare and floor tom. When I get more money I plan to get my rack tom.

These pads look really cool and I'm excited to get them!

After I get my pads it's on to the zildjian low volume cymbals.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Super pads

I'm interested in your opinion of Super Pads. Do you like them?

User Info Menu

When I get them I will post a quick review.

User Info Menu

I have both the super pads and the Zildjian L80 cymbals. So far I'm pretty happy with them, but I think it will depend on the style of music you play. If you are playing lighter stuff, you might not find them as appealing, but if you are playing rock/pop, etc... I think you'll be pretty happy.

The action off the super pads is pretty darn good considering. I like it better than mesh heads and heads and shoulders above the usual dampening pads. You get decent rebound and some tone as well. In addition, they are quiet enough to talk while playing or not listen to music super loud in headphones.

As for the L80's, they are probably the better of the two product lines in that there is no real loss of "feel" when playing them, they are just quieter.

In both cases, I like that I can play my kit in the house and keep the layout and feel so the muscle memory is there. My DIY TD9 e-kit is great and has it's uses at band practice, but I definitely like the feel of this stuff much better. Particularly the cymbals.

MM, I'll be interested to hear if you have a similar experience with them.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Never heard of them until now.

User Info Menu

I ggogled 'super pads' and got lots of lady products. However when I found them they seem really expensive.

User Info Menu

DON'T google super pads, just made that mistake looking it up.
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

I just got my snare Super pad today. I have to say that this is honestly the best pad I have ever owned. It truly feels amazing. It's the closest a pad that I have ever played feels like a real drum. It feels better than any electronic pad I've ever played as well, including mesh heads and Yamahas silicone heads.

I would say definitely buy this pad. On a 1 to 10 I give it a perfect 10. Im super happy with it! I look forward to outfitting my whole kit with them for super comfortable quiet practice.