Thread: Feeling things out

User Info Menu

Default Feeling things out

I have a Iron Cobra double and single pedals, a DW 9000, and possibly a PDP Concept pedal that I'm probably going to get rid of.

2 problems: I can't find the Cobra Coils and the screws on the bottom of the 9000 under the base plate are stripped (I bought that open box from MF, the pedal was returned in mint condition, so I doubt if they even noticed it)

Anyway, if anyone might be interested, PM me. I want to try a Axis, so if anybody wants to swap pedals, let me know.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Feeling things out

If you're looking at Axis, I am very pleased with my X single, and have been for about 5 years now. I'd highly recommend it. Design is very straightforward, very easy to maintain, and durable. I've never thought to look at anything else.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    If you're looking at Axis, I am very pleased with my X single, and have been for about 5 years now. I'd highly recommend it. Design is very straightforward, very easy to maintain, and durable. I've never thought to look at anything else.

About 5 years ago, I started trying different pedals after using a Speed King for 50+ years. I bought a DW 9000, a Axis, and a Iron Cobra.

Not being used to all the adjustments, (Speed Kings have 1) I never could get them to where I wanted them. The 9000 I sold, the Axis I gave away, and the IC I still have but it's up for sale.

I use a Speed Cobra (single and double) and I'm 95% happy with it, but there's that 5% that makes me wish I stayed with the Speed King because I could do anything I wanted on that pedal.

I have a rebuilt Speed King, but I just can't get used to it. Last year I bought another 9000 and a PDP Concept. Both good pedals, but not exactly what I want, so I figured I would sell them and try the Axis again.

User Info Menu

I trust you still own the Speed King right?

all the best...

User Info Menu

I'd be interested in the DW9K.

I assume this is a single pedal right?

User Info Menu

Rick, I have a single Axis if that's what you are looking for

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'd be interested in the DW9K.

I assume this is a single pedal right?
    Single pedal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Rick, I have a single Axis if that's what you are looking for
    Butch, I ordered a Trick pedal last night. Figured I'd try it cause I can always send it back.

If the Trick isn't what I want, I may take you up on the Axis if you still have it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I trust you still own the Speed King right?

all the best...

Still have it.

User Info Menu

Rick did you have a price in mind for the DW9K

User Info Menu

I have heard the new Atlas is a Cadillac version of a Speed King.
    I've never tried it myself...................

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

^^^ I have the single Atlas pedal. Closest thing to a Speed King that I could find. Quite nice actually, but still prefer the Speed King - which I still use as my primary pedal.

User Info Menu

I must admit, I prefer my old $40 Speed King over my new IC Powerglide or my Pearl Demon direct drive. It just feels so natural.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Rick did you have a price in mind for the DW9K

Not really, make a offer.