Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random DOG question ...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Random DOG question ...

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Hahaha! I had two, the male, Winston RIP (the one with the piseed off look), and a female, Grace (upsetting Winston). FYI, this was a first for both to share one bed. Winston was ill with cancer and passed away a few weeks after this pic was taken.

Man that's terrible about winston. We had a female we had to put down at 2 years old because she had a heart defect that went unnoticed. Got to the point where she couldn't breathe and we could've had surgery but it costs $10k (which when I looked in my wife's eyes I was willing to do anything to pay for it) but even then there was only a 25% chance it would work. We just decided to put her down. I love my bullies.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Man that's terrible about winston. We had a female we had to put down at 2 years old because she had a heart defect that went unnoticed. Got to the point where she couldn't breathe and we could've had surgery but it costs $10k (which when I looked in my wife's eyes I was willing to do anything to pay for it) but even then there was only a 25% chance it would work. We just decided to put her down. I love my bullies.
    Sorry to hear about the dog loses guys .
    I've only been into to this for the past 3 years starting with Bo my GSD . I know that I will be in a world of hurt when the day comes that I have to make that decision . I only hope that it's YEARS in the future .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    I loved my bullies too...but will have some in the future soon. Too soon after nearly 11 years with them

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Sorry to hear about the dog loses guys .
    I've only been into to this for the past 3 years starting with Bo my GSD . I know that I will be in a world of hurt when the day comes that I have to make that decision . I only hope that it's YEARS in the future .
    Rudy .
    We brought both of our dogs remains home and I buried both next to each other in my backyard. Tough to look out my bedroom window sometimes...

User Info Menu

We brought both of our dogs remains home and I buried both next to each other in my backyard. Tough to look out my bedroom window sometimes...[/QUOTE]

Our vet is just at the end of our street..literally . She has known all my dogs since I got them . I periodically stop in and weigh the dogs on the scale and she always comes out to say hello and give the dogs a treat . She fawns over Bo my GSD (her favorite) . She made a personal pact with me that when that time comes she would come to the house and do it here . I too will have a dog cemetery in my backyard .
    Rudy .

User Info Menu

My Frosty has a enlarged heart. She has been on medication for almost 2 years now, and it helps her a lot.

She used to have terrible coughing spells which, with the meds, have been cut down 80-90%. The downside is that, even with the meds, she could die from a heart attack at any time.

When the time comes, she will be cremated, and when my time comes, I will also be cremated. If Rosanne's daughter OK's it, the 3 of us will be dispersed over our property.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Our vet is just at the end of our street..literally . She has known all my dogs since I got them . I periodically stop in and weigh the dogs on the scale and she always comes out to say hello and give the dogs a treat . She fawns over Bo my GSD (her favorite) . She made a personal pact with me that when that time comes she would come to the house and do it here . I too will have a dog cemetery in my backyard .
    Rudy
    We donated two really nice PetMate dog kennels to our vet after we put our dogs down. They took really good care of both bulldogs during their heyday and they were really appreciative of the gesture.