Drum Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Random DOG question ...

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Random DOG question ...

    So I have had a few dogs come through here since last year . I have my dog Bo and my other dog Bear who help out with training of the other rescue dogs . All the other dogs that have been here have gone to other homes with people who wanted them . Kaiser , the German Shepherd I rescued last month , has gone to Phoenix with my niece and her family .
    All of those dogs were all male . "GOOD BOY" flows out of my mouth like Thank You and Yes Sir . Sometimes I slip and say it to a student ! (ugh!) Well now I have Cookie a female mutt that's going to stay . And I find myself saying "Good Boy" to her during her training !

    So my question is .... do you think it matters if I say Good Boy and not Good Girl ?
    Drummer Opinions Matter ... so chime in .
    Rudy .

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    You know people have always wanted to say Good Boy to dogs regardless of boy or girl. And with cats they always think they're girls.

    I've said good boy a couple times accidently to our girl Onyx.
    You're not the only one.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    You know people have always wanted to say Good Boy to dogs regardless of boy or girl. And with cats they always think they're girls.

    I've said good boy a couple times accidently to our girl Onyx.
    You're not the only one.
    Thanks Spaz .
    My sister comes to visit and she hears me say "good boy" or "go get em boy" to Cookie and right away she corrects me . But I don't think it matters to the dog if I say boy or girl .
    Is that wrong ?
    Rudy .

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    You should tell your sister cookie 'identifies' as male

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Well its does matter...hate for them to have an identity crisis!

    all the best...

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Well its does matter...hate for them to have an identity crisis!

    all the best...

    next thing you know the dogs seeking counseling

    I've seen it a thousand times
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 58 Snare drums and growing!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Here's one for you, my wife has a service dog that only responds to his name which is Buster..... call him boy or dog he just looks at you.



    Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    next thing you know the dogs seeking counseling

    I've seen it a thousand times
    Ha ! Right.... or they start shooting up and later wind up in rehab . LOL
    Rudy .

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Maybe she doesn't speak English.

    My Frosty, who is female, answers to Frosty because she thinks there is something coming, like a cookie, after I say it.

    She doesn't sit around thinking that it's her "name", and for all I know, she doesn't speak English, she might speak Maltese.

    Just be glad that, as humans, (although I wonder about some) we don't have to find our friends and family by the sniff test.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    People always call my German Sheppard girl " boy" because she is big and no matter how many times I correct them they still call her boy

    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 02-11-2016 at 08:57 AM.

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    People always call my German Sheppard girl " boy" because she is big and no matter how many times I correct them they still call her boy

    Oh boy what a beautiful GSD !! What's her name ?

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    It really doesn't matter to the dog if you call it boy or girl . They don't get hung up on such nonsense and they don't sit around feeling sorry for themselves over it . Only humans do .
    She identifies by her name . "Cookie sit" , "Cookie down" , "Cookie come" . And when I praise her I say "good boy" .
    Rudy .

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    There's an old Far Side cartoon that addresses your question. It starts with, "What you say" - "Good girl, Cookie. You're such a sweet doggie Cookie." What they hear, "Blah blah Cookie. Blah blah blah blah blah, Cookie."

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    There's an old Far Side cartoon that addresses your question. It starts with, "What you say" - "Good girl, Cookie. You're such a sweet doggie Cookie." What they hear, "Blah blah Cookie. Blah blah blah blah blah, Cookie."

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    hahaha...my wife's name is Ginger.

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    I had a English bulldog named Grace (RIP) but her nickname became "Gracie-Girl". Then we dropped "Gracie" all together and just called her "Girl". Whenever we took her to the park, people assumed she was a male and they would always ask if they could pet him. I'd chuckle and say ..."the dog's a girl". I finally got tired of correcting folks when they'd ask how old "he" was and I'd just reply with a smile..."Girl's 11 years old".




  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Oh boy what a beautiful GSD !! What's her name ?
    Jazz when she is good and Jaws when she's not

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    The dogs don't care, but they do want praise.

    If they have been neutered identifying them by there gender is sort of irrelevant anyway.
    -Mike


    "We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

    "I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

    "Snare drums happen."

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    The dogs don't care, but they do want praise.

    If they have been neutered identifying them by there gender is sort of irrelevant anyway.

    If they have been "fixed", sleep on your stomach.

  20. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I had a English bulldog named Grace (RIP) but her nickname became "Gracie-Girl". Then we dropped "Gracie" all together and just called her "Girl". Whenever we took her to the park, people assumed she was a male and they would always ask if they could pet him. I'd chuckle and say ..."the dog's a girl". I finally got tired of correcting folks when they'd ask how old "he" was and I'd just reply with a smile..."Girl's 11 years old".



    I lover her. We just tried breeding our bullies but it didn't take so in 6 more months or so we will try again when my female comes I to heat again.
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

    God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

    Zildjian League

  21. #21

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    As far as saying good boy to your female dog, I really don't think it matters. You can say anything you want to my dogs but all they understand is the sound of the treat box opening. That's when they get excited otherwise this is about as much as they move....

  22. #22

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Who would think dogs would go bonkers over peanuts?

    For a night time treat they get shell peanuts. They crunch them open and eat the peanuts out, leaving the shells on the floor. Luckily the cottage has wooden floors. Easy to sweep up.

    all the best...

  23. #23

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Who would think dogs would go bonkers over peanuts?

    For a night time treat they get shell peanuts. They crunch them open and eat the peanuts out, leaving the shells on the floor. Luckily the cottage has wooden floors. Easy to sweep up.

    all the best...
    Really ? Peanuts . I'll have to try that with my guys . I feed my dogs raw (chicken and beef) and as a treat I'll give them marrow bones or ham hocks . They do get a raw egg occasionally . they eat/lick the inside and then eat the egg shell . It's good for their coat .... makes it shiny .
    Rudy .

  24. #24

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    I have 3 dogs: 2 boys, 1 girl. My girl acts and looks like a boy (not sure how I determined that) and I just refer to all of them as boys. She doesn't seem to mind

  25. #25

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Random DOG question ...

    Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    As far as saying good boy to your female dog, I really don't think it matters. You can say anything you want to my dogs but all they understand is the sound of the treat box opening. That's when they get excited otherwise this is about as much as they move....
    Hahaha! I had two, the male, Winston RIP (the one with the piseed off look), and a female, Grace (upsetting Winston). FYI, this was a first for both to share one bed. Winston was ill with cancer and passed away a few weeks after this pic was taken.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •