Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best drum video YET... MUST SEE PLEASE

User Info Menu

Default My best drum video YET... MUST SEE PLEASE

This video is probably the best playing I have ever done in my opinion( I am pretty sure I got a little help), the song is extremely important to me, the song is Free Bird by lynyrd Skynyrd.

Here is a little back ground on myself, back in 98 my brother was killed on the job, he was foreman for a paving company, Ken(my brother)was marking his lines for depth of the asphalt and the trucker did not see him, and basically ran him over and killed him.

My brother was my best friend and my Dad in a lot of ways, more so that my actual father, anyway he requested this song be played at his funeral, this was the first time I had ever heard this song, and it is such a perfect song for him, He was so care free, he was an incredible singer, and just loved music like I do.

So I finally decided to make a video to this song, I played it my way, the way I know my brother would have loved it played, So bro this is for you.

I love you and miss you so very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4qDgd3cJQ

User Info Menu

Im sure your brother looking down from heaven smiling kev. great playing as always.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

AWESOME Kev! Gave me chills! Your brother would be so proud of you! What a great video, I really enjoyed that!

User Info Menu

wow dude just wow.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

FREE BIRD!!
    That's awesome, Kev... A great honorable performance.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Your post made me get chills of how beautiful it was. And your performance topped it off perfectly.

User Info Menu

Thank you all very much, I truly appreciate it.

User Info Menu

Thats a beautiful tribute to your brother. I understand tha emptiness of losing the person you love and need most.
    Life is a crazy deal... but god has given you a wonderful outlet to express your feelings.
    Good job, and God bless your brother and his memory.

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

Kevin, that was awesome, and inspiring all at the same time! I'm sure your brother is very proud of the man that you've become! Just think of what you'll have to talk about when you see your brother again. He obviously has inspired your life! May God continue his blessings on you!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDrummer69 View Post
    Thats a beautiful tribute to your brother. I understand tha emptiness of losing the person you love and need most.
    Life is a crazy deal... but god has given you a wonderful outlet to express your feelings.
    Good job, and God bless your brother and his memory.

Matt
    Thank you so much man, that really means a lot, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Kevin, that was awesome, and inspiring all at the same time! I'm sure your brother is very proud of the man that you've become! Just think of what you'll have to talk about when you see your brother again. He obviously has inspired your life! May God continue his blessings on you!
    Total jam session man, I can't wait, thank you Bob, thank you.

User Info Menu

Kevin that was awesome, i'm sure your brother would have been really proud of you and i understand how you feel losing someone you love so dearly.

User Info Menu

very nice playing brother

i enjoy it very much same as your brother i am so sure of that

continue your nice work

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Thats an amazing job on the drums Kevin. Your brother would certainly be proud of his younger bro

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone, you guys are so great.

User Info Menu

Cool My best drum video YET...

Kev,

I know that "Play 'Free Bird'!" is a laughable cliche among many drummers, but bro', you've changed that forever for me as far as I'm concerned. It had to be one of the toughest things you've ever played because of what it meant to your brother...

but you've made it a beautiful tribute to someone you loved--and still love even now--and I'm sure your bro' is very proud of you...

I agree with ya--you're gonna have a major jam session with him...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Kevin that was a great tribute, and you did a great job. I've lost a few close relatives over the years, and it can be a tough thing to deal with. You've found a really meaningful, expressive, and positive way to deal with your loss. I'm sure your brother is very proud of you.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

That was outstanding, man. Very moving.

User Info Menu

ive seen a bunch of your videos

good stuff!
    Mister, would you please help my pony?
    He's over there lookin' at me
    He can't talk because he's a pony

User Info Menu

WOW!!

you guys are truly incredible, thank you, I love this place.

User Info Menu

Duuude:

Un - freakin' - believable. Awesome job, Kev. I'm so sorry about your brother. Losing a sibling must be so tough... I can't even imagine. You have made one incredible tribute to him and his memory and, as others have said, I'm sure he's smiling down on you and saying, "Rock on, brother. Rock on!"

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Great tribute and playing. You did and outstanding job, way to go!

User Info Menu

wow that was your greatest one yet, i love that song, and when music has an emotional attachment with it, you just really play your heart out, and thats exactly what you did, great job, your brother must be so proud of you

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, thanks a lot.

User Info Menu

i always said i prefer to watch a drummer thats putting in his heart into a song with a 4/4 beat then a drummer just playing fast for the sake of it or showing off,(not saying your playing was easy or anything) and you my friend had me with my mouth open for the full 9 minutes.

User Info Menu

That is amazing...