Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapex Mars pics

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Mars pics

Thought I would post a few pics of the new kit..

MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Mars pics

User Info Menu

Congrats that is Very nice, color looks better in your pics than on their own website. Bearing edge looks interesting I have not seen that sonic edge up close yet. Why the different head on the 14" FT? What is going on with the 16" ft. is that a cymbal laying on top?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Very nice looking kit. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Congrats that is Very nice, color looks better in your pics than on their own website. Bearing edge looks interesting I have not seen that sonic edge up close yet. Why the different head on the 14" FT? What is going on with the 16" ft. is that a cymbal laying on top?
    Hey thanks for the comment! The color looks strange in my pics, probably due to lighting in my drum room. The 14" floor tom has an orphan remo emperor due to lack of EC2 in that size. I plan to grab the EC2 and an EMAD for the kick batter. The weird looking cymbal thing on the 16 floor are my 2 splashes that haven't been mounted as of yet. I am going to be changing around the set up and doing some tweaking this and that. Not at all used to that many drums. Usually a one up, 1 down guy. The 10" tom was free from a Mapex promo that my LDS honored. The sonic clear edges are the real deal and NOT some rip off round over 45s like some are claiming. I was BLOWN AWAY at how easy this kit tunes up! The drums are phat and resonant and have an insane tuning range!!
    I will venture to say one of the most MUSICAL SOUNDING drum sets I have played. If you are on the fence about these shell packs.. I say GO FOR IT!
    Amazing drums for the money PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Very nice looking kit. Enjoy!
    Thanks ITPP! Crazy happy with this purchase!

User Info Menu

Awesome Kit! can't go wrong with that kit. . . .love the finish! Ec2's and emad, that's what I have on my Saturns.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 02-14-2016 at 12:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow, I really like that color! I would love to see that finish with chrome lugs & hoops and natural finish bass hoops. How do the sound?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I'm not normally a fan of the powder coated hardware, but the black on the white shells really looks sharp. Congrats on such a nice kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Awesome Kit! can't go wrong with that kit. . . .love the finish! Ec2's and emad, that's what I have on my Saturns.
    Huge Mapex fan!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Wow, I really like that color! I would love to see that finish with chrome lugs & hoops and natural finish bass hoops. How do the sound?
    the finish really grew on me. They sound amazing! Focused, powerful and musical. Highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    I'm not normally a fan of the powder coated hardware, but the black on the white shells really looks sharp. Congrats on such a nice kit!
    Yeah, I was the same. The electro plated hardware is supposed to be super durable. Thanks for the kind words y'all!

Last edited by wOOdshedd; 02-14-2016 at 03:42 PM.

User Info Menu

One up, two down.. Me likey

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit. Incredible finish! I love 1 up 2 down. LOVE it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Great looking kit! I like where you've tucked your splash cymbals. Does the tool box live in the corner or did you put it there to cut down some of the trapped frequencies in the corner? Thanks.....

User Info Menu

I really like the texture look on that white! Gorgeous kit!

User Info Menu

Awesome kit. Congrats.

User Info Menu

How do you like the sound of them? They look great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Beautiful kit. Incredible finish! I love 1 up 2 down. LOVE it.
    Thanks. Yeah, I really dig this set up! Still tweaking it..always tweaking ..
    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Great looking kit! I like where you've tucked your splash cymbals. Does the tool box live in the corner or did you put it there to cut down some of the trapped frequencies in the corner? Thanks.....
    Thanks. The tool box lives there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I really like the texture look on that white! Gorgeous kit!
    Took me a minute to warm up to the black electroplated shell bits, but I love the look. Amazing nice sounding drums!

Quote Originally Posted by 501208 View Post
    Awesome kit. Congrats.
    Thanks, I am thoroughly enjoying them!

Quote Originally Posted by alvanko View Post
    How do you like the sound of them? They look great!
    I tell you what, I am not blowing it out of proportion by saying that this is one of the nicest sounding drum sets I have owned for even a couple hundred more.
    Blows me away. I am a Mapex guy.

User Info Menu

The one thing that bugged me is on the Reso head,the logo just didn't stand out enough so I took some lacquer thinner and fiber rag and wiped off the logo and had a transfer decal made in white same size. It was very cheap,looks better IMO. by the way you got yourself a KILLER set!

User Info Menu

Thanks. There is a Saturn V at my LDS as well, same finish. $1500 and some change. I know I could probably get it for a song, but really, the Mars is doin it BIG for me. some day, perhaps.
    Something about Mapex. The quality build and the tight focused tone. Brilliant.
    Last edited by wOOdshedd; 02-18-2016 at 06:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Looks nice
    I have the black version but with chrome hardware and hoops, not black I have had it a year now and really like it.
    Like you said it is so easy to tune and stays in , even when gigging and building up and tearing down.
    Very nice and nice cymbal setup
    Bridie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post

That is a nice bearing edge...............good photos.
    Are those 100% birch ?
    Should be mucho attack............
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Looks nice
    I have the black version but with chrome hardware and hoops, not black I have had it a year now and really like it.
    Like you said it is so easy to tune and stays in , even when gigging and building up and tearing down.
    Very nice and nice cymbal setup
    Bridie
    You've had yours a year already? Wow, time flies.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I really like the sonic bearing edge. Easy to tune and it seems the kit goes out of tune at the same rate. All mine seem too stay within a certain pitch of each other. It's cool mapex has went to this style on most or all of their products.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    The one thing that bugged me is on the Reso head,the logo just didn't stand out enough so I took some lacquer thinner and fiber rag and wiped off the logo and had a transfer decal made in white same size. It was very cheap,looks better IMO. by the way you got yourself a KILLER set!
    That looks really good!

User Info Menu

^Are those just cymbal dust covers?

Jdrum1 Guest

Dang, that's a good looking set.

I think every maker is putting out good top of the line kits (I love my birch/walnut special edition Saturn's!), but Mapex seems to really be killing it with their entry-mid level kits.

I recently played a little on an Armory kit, and would say it's only a slight step down from a Saturn.

On an unrelated topic; how do you like the Harbor Freight toolbox? I'm outgrowing mine (Craftsman), and will probably get a US General soon. They seem great for the $$.