Drum Domains

Thread: 90s tune - drum part?

User Info Menu

Default 90s tune - drum part?

Hey all,

Does anyone remember the song from 1992 by Sophie B. Hawkins, Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover? Somehow, I found it on the net today, listened to it, and now I can't get it out of my head. I got the CD when it was new, loved that tune, and found I still do. Yeah, I know it still has electronic effects on the drum and percussion, similar to the 80s, but I just love the depth of the 'thump', and the melody of it, the whole bit. Does anyone know what kind of effects made the percussion/drums sound like it does? Would love to be able to make a sound like that.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: 90s tune - drum part?

From what I understand, sped up sample of When the Levee Breaks (Zep) drum part. (Compare both - including dynamics).
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tadman View Post
    From what I understand, sped up sample of When the Levee Breaks (Zep) drum part. (Compare both - including dynamics).
    I'm not hearing it?

User Info Menu

umm, worse than getting rick rolled?