Thread: Hi-hat stands around $100?

User Info Menu

Default Hi-hat stands around $100?

I figured I should get another one since the one I have is like...a $20 one. I play mostly blues and jazz, I don't need anything too fancy but I don't know much about the stands out there. I figured I'd ask around. Two or three legs? Stuff like that!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi-hat stands around $100?

For blues and jazz an inexpensive hi hat stand might work. The two leg models fit better on the floor.

User Info Menu

I'm using the Tama Iron Cobra 605 series hi hat and I love it.
    Moderately priced around $120.
    Great clutch -- great feel -- sensitive when needed.

It is a traditional three-leg stand but it can swivel.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

You can find pro-level hihat stands used for a great price. I've got two legged and the tripod version and both have their pros and cons. On uneven stages surfaces, a double legged one has given me some issues with stability but saves much needed floor space without the third leg.

User Info Menu

If you choose a 3 legged hi-hat get one where the tripod can be rotated so you can position a double pedal if you need to.... I believe all mid range H/H stands have this feature, but I'm not sure so it may be worth checking.

Another shameless fanboy of Tama hardware here - I have a Road Pro H/H that does everything I need, if I needed a replacement I'd go for the Iron Cobra 605 which is very similar but has slightly more adjustment for pedal height and tension.

User Info Menu

I have a Yamaha HS-650WA that came in a hardware pack. It's medium duty but double braced.

It still has the protective coating on the foot board.

If interested let me know.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

A lot of people mention the Tama 605, which seems like a great choice. I'll have to check it out.

Regarding double bass, I don't use one. I use a Speed Cobra single.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
    A lot of people mention the Tama 605, which seems like a great choice. I'll have to check it out.

Regarding double bass, I don't use one. I use a Speed Cobra single.
    I'd have to agree. I used TAMA as well. I have 3 which is why I could afford to let the Yamaha go.

Either way that price point should get you something really nice.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Both the Tama and Yamaha stands in that price range are great and will probably do everything you need.

User Info Menu

I'll look into Yamaha too just to figure it out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    You can find pro-level hihat stands used for a great price. I've got two legged and the tripod version and both have their pros and cons. On uneven stages surfaces, a double legged one has given me some issues with stability but saves much needed floor space without the third leg.
    This. Although I bought my DW two leg stand for around 80 bucks new.

User Info Menu

My only input is that i bought a Pearl H930 HH stand which was $100.. i wouldn't buy it again. My only real issue is that the spring doesn't feel linear it has really high pressure when you first push down then it goes soft after like 1/4 of the stroke. Just a odd feeling that i have gotten used to..

As guys above have said find a really good used one.. Also i have never heard anything bad bout the TAMA ones..

User Info Menu

If you've never tried Gibraltar stands, you should look into them, the liquid drive stand is just over $100, and the dircet pull is right around 100, they're rigid and strong, and will last a while, but tama makes great stand too like everyone has said above

User Info Menu

Might be a little more than a $100.00, but the Mapex Armory Hi Hat stand was a really pleasant surprise for the price. A good, solid stand, in my opinion. Very underrated.
    "You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.

User Info Menu

I am selling my DW 7000 Stand and for the money they are hard to beat. Steady as a rock and pretty smooth too. Only reason I am selling is I want all Yamaha hardware.

Currently looking at the Yamaha HS-1200 3-legged stand but the price is a little high, although the features are top notch. The locking clutch is a very nice feature as well.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO