Thread: First Tattoo!

User Info Menu

Cool First Tattoo!

On Saturday, I did something that none of my family members thought I'd actually go through with: I got my first tattoo . It consists of two Chinese symbols which translate to "inner strength." I got it on my right forearm, and I'm considering getting another tattoo on my left forearm after this one fully heals.

Everyone in my house was shocked that I sat through the entire thing without even flinching . (It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.)
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Have drums, will travel.

WARNING: Practical joke-playing drummer ahead!

User Info Menu

Default Re: First Tattoo!

Eck sorry to hear it :( What part of china are you from?

User Info Menu

It looks like the Western Colorado part.

User Info Menu

How much did it cost?

User Info Menu

Photo!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tadman View Post
    Photo!
    +1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakthedrummer View Post
    On Saturday, I did something that none of my family members thought I'd actually go through with: I got my first tattoo . It consists of two Chinese symbols which translate to "inner strength." I got it on my right forearm, and I'm considering getting another tattoo on my left forearm after this one fully heals.

Everyone in my house was shocked that I sat through the entire thing without even flinching . (It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.)

Are you Chinese?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    Are you Chinese?

nope, hes "trendy"

User Info Menu

Wrong forum

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    nope, hes "trendy"
    I asked because my wife is Chinese and hates when she sees white folk with Chinese symbols. Most of the time they're incorrect which is funny.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdeleone View Post
    I asked because my wife is Chinese and hates when she sees white folk with Chinese symbols. Most of the time they're incorrect which is funny.
    The OP hasn't responded since the initial post................hopefully his are correct!

User Info Menu

I wasn't trying to be a **** above.. i just have a hatred for tattoos and especially ones that you can't even understand That being said.. i think getting a chinese menu as a tattoo would be funny since guys get chinese stuff that seems to never be right anyway Maybe a recipe for some awesome noodles

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    How much did it cost?
    My brother's a tattoo artist, so I got it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    I wasn't trying to be a **** above.. i just have a hatred for tattoos and especially ones that you can't even understand That being said.. i think getting a chinese menu as a tattoo would be funny since guys get chinese stuff that seems to never be right anyway Maybe a recipe for some awesome noodles
    No offense taken. I can understand how some people don't like tattoos or even the thought of getting one (or more). I feel the same way about certain body piercings. We're all entitled to our feelings and opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with everything I say or do.
    Last edited by Squeakthedrummer; 03-05-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Hit post too quickly
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Have drums, will travel.

WARNING: Practical joke-playing drummer ahead!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakthedrummer View Post

My standard comment is if i want to spend money paying someone to inflict pain and suffering ,I'll get married.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes