Thread: Can anyone...

User Info Menu

Default Can anyone...

Help me identify this set?

It's a seven piece American made Ludwig, that's all I can tell you. I let this kit get away, it was only $300 on sale at a local music store, and I regret not having money at the time because that was a nice kit! If anyone can give me more details, such as the year, model, etc, that would be a big help.

User Info Menu

Ooooo, that sucks man. I know how it feels to let a good deal slip on by...
    That set is either a birch or poplar Ludwig Accent. They're entry level kits, however a budget for a 7 piece was pretty good. It's a vintage set, you can tell by the badges on the toms. My advice is to ask a GC employee about it.
    Last edited by 32ndHeartBeat; 11-10-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

They are Ludwig Rockers by the look of the lug. The kit also has the older type bass drum tom mount post & “L” arm. As for an age I’m guessing eighties to early nineties. They looked to be in great shape and for $300.00 not a bad buy.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Yes, those would certainly be a good buy for $300, especially since they are the rare wall-clinging anti-gravity Ludwigs (as demonstrated in bottom photo). These kits are highly sought after because they are extremely effective for flashy solos when you need a kit that will automatically adhere to a laterally rotating stage.
    No, I still won't play Wipe Out.

User Info Menu

80's Ludwig, Accent model I believe, entry model, but $300 for a 7pc is cheap and those aren't bad entry kits.

User Info Menu

Thats a nice kit. Buy it anyway :S My 5piece of ....... Well it cost me 500 and the cymbals were shocking and the shells were... hmm . That sounds like about 500$ au and its 5 piecve and its a decent brand! I cant see how you would lose.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    80's Ludwig, Accent model I believe, entry model, but $300 for a 7pc is cheap and those aren't bad entry kits.
    Accent drums from Ludwig wasn’t around in the 80’s. That is why I say they are Rockers. Ludwig ran the Rocker line after their Ludwig Standard line. Accent drums are a relatively new product from Ludwig
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Okay, I let that one get away, but I found something else. This kit is in shambles, the shells are probably the best part of it, haha. It's a really old Ludwig kit, orange, and it has a keystone badge. I will come around to posting pictures later, because I'm going to have a few questions about this one, haha.
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.

User Info Menu

Here is what the set looks like so far.

This is the badge, obviously.

The serial code reads 104524. The rack toms were both the same size, 12", I thought that was strange, and the bass drum is missing the batter side head and hoop and the tension rods, and the floor tom is missing the resonant side head and hoop and tension rods.
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

i think the red one is an early 80s rocker set. the orange one looks like a classic maple.

User Info Menu

For the orange one, is there any guesses to a year? I know it's a year prior to the 70's, but I would like to know a specific year.
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

Oh, and I was looking into the snare drum that came along with it, and it's a vintage Rogers 5 x 14 Powertone Snare, a nice little discovery on my part, haha.
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

Those are indeed ludwig 80S Rockers, (I'm refering to the red kit) I believe they were luan shells.