Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardware bags/cases?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hardware bags/cases?

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm still trying to decide what to do. Part of the reason (besides my raging OCD) that I had decided on the Roadrunner bag was because they do make a 50" model. Also I had mainly decided on a bag because of travel. I drive an extended cab Silverado, and I squeeze all of my gear in the cab. Occasionally I may put the hardware in the bed, but I don't have a shell, or a cover, and can't count on the weather. Although a hard case would be nice, and would also be nice for stacking my drum cases on while travelling, I don't know that a hard case would fit in the backseat with the seats folded up.

User Info Menu

After 30 years full time gigging, I found a hard shell golf bag in the clearance section of Canadian Tire for around $30. The best hardware case ever. It holds a whole rack kit of hardware, has wheels and a center handle and can be carried one hand up and down stairs. It fits anywhere, back seat, or through a hatchback.
    The square boxes I have had in the past were always heavier and awkward.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

I bought a used 48" SKB hard case, one of the best drum related purchases I ever made. Fit in the back seat of the sub compact car that I had when I made the purchase, if it fit in that car, it'll fit in most anything short of a smart-car....

Holds two old-school (heavy) tama boom stands, each with extra cymbal arms on them, as well as the hi-hat, snare stand, a smaller non-boom stand, small throne and an old mic stand.

And that's in the bottom half. I could still put stuff in the top half, if necessary.

Yes, it's pretty heavy with that much in it. It has wheels, so the only issues I've run into is the one gig with the small staircase. I could unload it below and bring stuff up, tho I just suck it up and tote it.

A little bit of huffing and puffing putting it into and out of vehicles versus multiple trips, and suitable storage when not playing.....yup. Worth it!

User Info Menu

I use a Protection Racket soft case w/wheels and handles. The weight is definitely an issue. I like the suggestion of using more than one bag, but I am limited by the amount of space I have in my car. Loading and unloading is definitely a chore. My hi-hat stand does not fit in the case, and I don't like to break it down, so I carry it around loose. I am stumped as how to better this situation. Suggestions?

User Info Menu

Hi-hat stand (and a lot of other stuff) fits here :

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)