Thread: Evans emad bass drum 16" on back order

User Info Menu

Default Evans emad bass drum 16" on back order

Well I ordered a evans emad bass drum head 16" from and will not get it until March 28th. It is on back order and none of the other music stores here carries the 16" bass heads. Even the evans 16" reso. head will be on back order. The 16" bass drum is very popular I guess. So all I can do is just be patient and wait. I also order the pearl conversion kit which is the riser and legs or as I have learned bass drum legs are called spurs. I am learning new stuff every day about drums. Although I have been playing drums 40+ years and back when I started we just called bass drum legs. Can't wait to get my new jungle kit together which will consist of:

Gretsch catalina maple ( deep cherry burst)

16" bass drum
    14"x14" floor tom
    10"x7" rack tom

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans emad bass drum 16" on back order

I hope you are getting the hoops as well. Bass drum heads may not work with the metal hoops that came with the floor tom.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Gregg:

I suspect that the heads are not readily available because there is little demand.................meaning, not so popular.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Good luck with your project,post pics when you get the head

Mke

User Info Menu

Yes the hoops will come later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I hope you are getting the hoops as well. Bass drum heads may not work with the metal hoops that came with the floor tom.

all the best...
    I believe the 16" Emad heads are designed to work with standard Tom hoops. Specifically for floor tom conversions........I'm pretty sure, anyway.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I believe the 16" Emad heads are designed to work with standard Tom hoops. Specifically for floor tom conversions........I'm pretty sure, anyway.
    That would be good...I wonder if Emads could work on my 18. Regular 18"bass head, the collar too wide to sit in the trough of the die cast hoop. At the end of the day though, I have no problem with my sound. I just use a normal two ply floor tom head. Works well enough.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    That would be good...I wonder if Emads could work on my 18. Regular 18"bass head, the collar too wide to sit in the trough of the die cast hoop. At the end of the day though, I have no problem with my sound. I just use a normal two ply floor tom head. Works well enough.

all the best...
    You might try a Powerstroke tom head that has that extra "flap" around the outside...you could stuff some foam under the flap. Maybe even try one of those Remo foam muffle rings that goes under the head. I've even used a couple strips of adhesive backed foam weatherstrip, like is used for Windows and doors.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I can check with our store. Sorry didn't see this thread earlier.

User Info Menu

I made my own about 4 yrs. ago. 16" emad.I didn't want to wait until they made one.The smallest one they made back then was 18".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    You might try a Powerstroke tom head that has that extra "flap" around the outside...you could stuff some foam under the flap. Maybe even try one of those Remo foam muffle rings that goes under the head. I've even used a couple strips of adhesive backed foam weatherstrip, like is used for Windows and doors.
    I have an Aquarian Performance II on the batter. Don't know much about the head except that it's clear and has a black ring about the outer edge. I have a small pillow up against it but not touching the reso ( a ported Remo Fiber-Skyn).
    Sounds really nice. A sound that's bigger than its size actually. Totally content.

all the best...