Friends,

I just signed up! I was co-founder and the drummer for the Heavy Metal group Cirith Ungol. We were together from 1971 to 1992. The band broke over disputes with the record companies etc.

Last year several promoters, fans and our record company convinced us to reform. I am so happy to be playing again and feel like an idiot for stopping for the selfish and stupid reasons I did. Playing drums was my dream in life and I am now back in the saddle doing what I love.

My good set first set was given to me by William F. Ludwig Jr. and I would give anything if I could have it back, it was one of the original prototype stainless steel sets! I was later sponsored by Pearl and had one of their first all birch sets, which I regret selling also!

Since we were away for so long and our record were in continuos production we seemed to have developed quite a following amongst a new generation of fans which is very humbling. Our first big show id headlining a 3 day music festival in our home town, with some pretty awesome thing coming next.

I am having a custom oak set built by DW as we speak, painted red to match my old Ferrari, and am very lucky to be endorsing Paiste cymbals, sounds & gongs!

I am glad to be back with fellow drummers, and will have all sort of questions and hope I can add some content if possible.

Sincerely,

Rob Garven

Wish I could add some attachments. Here is a pretty awesome honor, the head of our record company picked us twice as one of his best 11 releases in the companies history!

http://www.teamrock.com/features/201...y-brian-slagel