Drum Domains
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A Collection Of Pictures Of My PDP X7

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default A Collection Of Pictures Of My PDP X7

    As some of you know I did sell my 'good' kit my beautiful PDP X7, with poor mans Maple...also known as Poplar shells. I got it for 2 Grand Australian and my friend decided that he wanted them and offered a price almost for as much as I bought them for, and considering after six months or wear and tear the kit was completely worth the price he gave me, and as I am saving up for my dream kit I am looking for money. So here are the pictures, none of them at my home, the cymbals aren't mine (Though I wish they were).









    These are all the images that I think are good, the rest are a little over blurry, the lighting is bad or some other reason. But these were the best images out of three photo shoots. I hope you enjoy them, because I know I miss them.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Roger, that was a nice kit, but let's not focus on that. What's the dream kit that you're saving for?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.





    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Wow, I'd miss those too....... They are beautiful! (I love sparkles)

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Roger, that was a nice kit, but let's not focus on that. What's the dream kit that you're saving for?
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...guys-2919.html

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I hate to sound like some kind of an elitist... but we drummers have the most visually intoxicating instument. Dont get me wrong... I can appreciate the beauty of a fine guitar or a hand crafted piano... but to me, drums are just some much more visually apprealing. I suppose Im a bit bias. :-)

    Nice kit, my friend.

    Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default

    How did those X7's sound Roger?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default

    They sounded not so nice. There was a major thing I couldn't get them to do though, and that was get them to sound as deep a my Mahogany drums, though it's not to be expected considering one is put in drums just for their lower tone. But if I tuned the drums high they would choke quite easily, and if I put them to low they would either give a dead sound or ring to much.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default what?

    why would you by a new drumkit if youve only had that one for 6 months

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    why would you by a new drumkit if youve only had that one for 6 months
    well look at the first post and the one right above yours
    that should clear things up a bit

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    As some of you know I did sell my 'good' kit my beautiful PDP X7, with poor mans Maple...also known as Poplar shells. I got it for 2 Grand Australian and my friend decided that he wanted them and offered a price almost for as much as I bought them for, and considering after six months or wear and tear the kit was completely worth the price he gave me, and as I am saving up for my dream kit I am looking for money. So here are the pictures, none of them at my home, the cymbals aren't mine (Though I wish they were).
    Hey, Roger, those were some cool outdoor shots, mate...would make a nice album cover (especially if you were play'n them)...

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    They sounded not so nice. There was a major thing I couldn't get them to do though, and that was get them to sound as deep a my Mahogany drums, though it's not to be expected considering one is put in drums just for their lower tone. But if I tuned the drums high they would choke quite easily, and if I put them to low they would either give a dead sound or ring to much.
    I think you answered the unwritten question about the way the X7 sounds when you described poplar as "the poor man's maple." With all due respect, it may be better to wait, pay a bit more and get the kit with the sound you want rather than be disappointed by something less...

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasDrummer69 View Post
    I hate to sound like some kind of an elitist... but we drummers have the most visually intoxicating instument. Dont get me wrong... I can appreciate the beauty of a fine guitar or a hand crafted piano... but to me, drums are just some much more visually apprealing. I suppose Im a bit bias. :-)

    Nice kit, my friend.

    Matt
    Amen, Matt! That's why many rock bands put their drumkits on a riser...or indeed, put the spots on the drummer or the percussonist!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

    Charlie

    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

    "There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

    "Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •