I've decided to start a little series of reviewing my Gear.
The Goal of the series is it, to prevent Drummers from buying crap and show them Drum related stuff they maybe haven't considered.

Today I wanna review my Ahead Spinal Glide Drum Throne.

Before I got the Ahead I had a Gibraltar 9908 Throne, I bought it as my first throne back in ending 2013 for 145 euros.

I had it for over 1 year and I hated it, it featured a very hard leather saddle seat and was very uncomfortable to sit on, if you've adjusted it to the desired height (I love to sit low) and you start your daily practice you are sliding on the throne cause it's way to uncomfortable to stay on a position, your a** will hurt etc.

The most worst thing about this throne was the spindle, no matter how tight you had it, you can be sure that you will sit very high after you finished practicing and the seat was moving.

Well, at August of 2015 I wasn't able to tighten the seat, as it was very tight, yeah as tight as possible, I overviewed it and saw the broken spindle.

It was annoying in the moment but actually I was glad to have the chance to buy a good one.

After considering many different thrones by TAMA, PEARL, MAPEX, DW etc I stumbled across an ahead spinal glide throne.

Ahead is based in Canada and is best known for their aluminium drum sticks

I knew it before since I saw Jost Nickel sitting on it (the throne for sure, hahaha)

It features a saddle with a gap in the middle of the seat to support the spine and make a very ergonomic and comfortable sitting possible, it's available as saddle and round seat in black or red-black, I chose the red-black saddle, I've paid 199 euros.

To set it up is very easy, you just need to unbox it and stack the seat on the bottom, adjust the height and tighten it.

The seat is made of foam (I guess) and it's so soft and comfortable like your bed would.

I use it since almost 9 months and it moves a little bit when you sit but as soon as you don't it is tight.

10/10 points to Ahead.