Thread: What model Zildjian is this?

User Info Menu

Default What model Zildjian is this?

I got a trade offer on an old Zildjian K Custom ride that I'm really not feeling. He's offering a Zildjian 20" Medium ride. he sent me a pic of an 18" equivelent. He says his is just like this, but 20 inches. Can you tell me, is this an A series, or what series is this? And does anyone have this ride, or any experience with it to speak of? What do you think of it?

Thanks!

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Default Re: What model Zildjian is this?

It looks like an A series to me. I'd say in the $140 range give or take.
    I do not own a 20" A Zildjian Medium ride but believe it will be higher pitched than the Zildjian K custom.
    I'm sure it would be a very nice average ride.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 04-03-2016 at 09:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Cool, thanks. My K Custom is too washy for my taste. I have my 21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride as my number 1, which I'll never get rid of. I'm just looking for a second ride that's got a little more ring to it.

User Info Menu

Maybe ask what the stamp looks like on the bottom too. Is it a solid Zildjian logo ink stamp or hollow? It really doesn't matter but the hollow ink stamp ones date from like 73? to early 80's I believe and are a little more sought after.

http://black.net.nz/cym2013/70sA3.jpg

User Info Menu

Right on. Thanks for the info.

User Info Menu

I'd say that's an "A". Not much bell on that one, it would probably have a fair amount of wash.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I'd say that's an "A". Not much bell on that one, it would probably have a fair amount of wash.
    Right. The guy lives about 45 minutes from me. We'll probably meet up and I'll try it before I commit.

User Info Menu

Definetaly looks like a A (Avedis) series ride. I have a 21" Sweet ride that looks like that one going by the lathing etc. I estimate probably a 70's model cause mine is. The stamp would make it easier to identify the model and year. Can't go wrong with a A ride.