Thread: Gibralter Double Pedal bearings

User Info Menu

Default Gibralter Double Pedal bearings

Hey folks just a quick question. I have an older Gibralter double bass pedal I use on my practice kits and the bearings are starting ti go on it. First off are they replaceable ? And secondly if they where can I find them ? I have done a quick search online and found nothing. I don't have the model number with me but can post it when I get home. Thanks !
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gibralter Double Pedal bearings

I have an old Gibraltar myself and I replaced all the bearings with ones for roller blades. They fit perfect for me. And I was able to order some fast ones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have an old Gibraltar myself and I replaced all the bearings with ones for roller blades. They fit perfect for me. And I was able to order some fast ones.
    Do you have to size them first or what ? Also where did you get them ? Thanks.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

I just pulled them out and took them to my local sports authority and they perfectly matched some rollerblade bearings they had in the store on the shelf

User Info Menu

Bearings are typically manufactured to specific catalog sizes. In an application like this, they are purchased by the OEM in bulk. If you can get them out, just measure them (bore, OD, width). They will be metric, so you really need to use a set of calipers and not a tape measure. If you can get measurements, I can help you source them. I work for a major bearing distributor.

That said, Spaz is correct. They are most likely a common size used in rollerblades. That would be a cheap and easy source. Plus, they (roller blades) are usually high precision, as opposed to commercial grade.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sounds good. We have a store here next to a roller hockey rink so they might just have what Im looking for. Thanks !
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

So I got bored tonight and disassembled my pedal tonight. I noticed it had two types of bearings. All 4 were the same size (608) but 2 of them were a little different. I ordered a pack of 8 for Amazon that were like 2 of them. I think I can use them for all 4. They will be here Thursday so we will see.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

Yeah just use all the same ones! exciting

User Info Menu

Finally got the pedal back together. Kind of forgot how it went back....lol. I noticed while taking it apart it's missing a screw that goes into the bracket for the center bearing. I checked the threads and they are damaged. With the torque on it Im going to need to replace it somehow. But over all the bearings make a big difference and once I get the screw replaced I should get another 50k miles out of her.....lol. Thanks for the help guys.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

great to hear!