Thread: Update on my Mustang

User Info Menu

Default Update on my Mustang

Added the louvers and the smoked light tint. I'm thinking about the carbon fiber dash kit and maybe some new wheels and tires.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Update on my Mustang

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Gets better every time!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Very nice
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Gets better every time!
    Quote Originally Posted by piratemonkey124 View Post
    Very nice

I think that's going to be it as far as the exterior goes, but 1 do never know, do 1?

User Info Menu

Wow Rick that's beautiful, I really like how those window louvers are contoured in the center section they really add to the aggressive lines of the car,and it looks like the center section also lines up with the racing stipes.

Mike

User Info Menu

Don't know why you di'nt go for the GT right off the bat Rick cause all that xtra money you are putting in this stang. I have heard of middle age crisis and I have gone through it myself but man what do you call yours lol.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous Rick!

User Info Menu

Nice..................

I had louvers on my L81 Vette..................got lots of compliments.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I kinda like the factory wheels. My only personal addition would maybe be a grill. Maybe something more aggressive like The MMD V series? They're still pretty pricey for a piece of plastic, though.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

Added the louvers and the smoked light tint. I'm thinking about the carbon fiber dash kit and maybe some new wheels and tires.
    I wouldn't add the carbon fiber dash kit if it means changing out or covering the white sections of the dash - as most of the interior is black I think the white finish lifts it a little. But I know so little about cars I'm probably better off keeping my mouth shut.

As for the wheels and tires - they're the round thingies on the outside with the rubbery outer ring - right?

User Info Menu

Is that your green Mustang's behind in first picture of this page?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Wow Rick that's beautiful, I really like how those window louvers are contoured in the center section they really add to the aggressive lines of the car,and it looks like the center section also lines up with the racing stipes.

Mike

Thanks Myk, and, yes, the center section does line up with the stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Don't know why you di'nt go for the GT right off the bat Rick cause all that xtra money you are putting in this stang. I have heard of middle age crisis and I have gone through it myself but man what do you call yours lol.

Gilles, If you remember when I 1st moved to NC, I said I was going to get a new Mustang, either a GT or a Cobra. When my GF got here, that went on the back burner.

When I decided to buy a new 1, a friend up in Jersey that works for Ford, said that I should at least take 1 (Eco Boost) out for a ride, but to wait till the 2016's came out. Having driven a GT, Cobra, and a Shelby, I was leaning towards the Cobra.

Anyway, I took it for a ride and as we were on the entrance ramp to I-77, the saleslady said "Go ahead, kick it down". I did, and it shocked the hell out of me. Approx. 30-35 to approx. 80 in about 3 seconds. Real fast for 140ci to pull a 3,500lb+ car.

The balance of the car is better. The GT weighs about 200lbs more, and most of that weight is in the front.

The best part is that I OWN it. No payments. The GT would have been 15K more, the Cobra, 20-25K more

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Gorgeous Rick!

Thanks Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Nice..................

I had louvers on my L81 Vette..................got lots of compliments.

Thank's Ricardo. The compliments are nice to hear considering I live in Mustang Town.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I kinda like the factory wheels. My only personal addition would maybe be a grill. Maybe something more aggressive like The MMD V series? They're still pretty pricey for a piece of plastic, though.

I've been looking at the grilles, haven't seen 1 that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    I wouldn't add the carbon fiber dash kit if it means changing out or covering the white sections of the dash - as most of the interior is black I think the white finish lifts it a little. But I know so little about cars I'm probably better off keeping my mouth shut.

As for the wheels and tires - they're the round thingies on the outside with the rubbery outer ring - right?

CC, it's just a thought, and, yeah, you've got the tire thingies down pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Is that your green Mustang's behind in first picture of this page?

Yeah, I'm going out to give it a bath. It's parked under a tree that is shedding. I just washed it a week ago.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 04-27-2016 at 03:16 AM. Reason: ===