Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alternative to pricey stick wrap?

User Info Menu

Default Re: alternative to pricey stick wrap?

Hello. I just bought adhesive lined shrink wrap. Bought the 3/4". Literally just wrapped 3 sets of 2b sticks. I was buying the Zildjian dipped sticks. The shrink wrap is a bit thicker and I love it. Big hands and thin sticks is no good.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat!

Thanks for the tip.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Try shrink wrap tubing. I don't use wraps but that's where I'd start.

User Info Menu

I have tried just about everything as well. Drum gloves, stick wrap, electrical tape, etc. The best is shrink tubing, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. There are actually drumstick grips that are sold online as well as GC that are ready to go and all you need is a heat gun to shrink them onto the sticks. It's easy and fast. The other option is to buy the drumsticks that already have the bottom half dipped in rubber. Zildjian and Vic Firth make these.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Sandwich View Post
    I have tried just about everything as well. Drum gloves, stick wrap, electrical tape, etc. The best is shrink tubing, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. There are actually drumstick grips that are sold online as well as GC that are ready to go and all you need is a heat gun to shrink them onto the sticks. It's easy and fast. The other option is to buy the drumsticks that already have the bottom half dipped in rubber. Zildjian and Vic Firth make these.
    I have a gas stove, just hold and turn above the flame! lol. Not too close!

User Info Menu

I'm brand new to the forum and I realize this is an older thread, but I wanted to mention stick wax. I use Vic Firth stick wax (there are many other brands as well), and it has made a world of difference. It comes in a small container and you pop it out and rub it all over the bottom end of the stick. It is not sticky at all, maybe on the lighter side of tacky. My 62 year old hands need all the help they can get and I swear by the stuff.
    (Sorry if this was mentioned already....I glanced over the posts and it seems the suggestions were all wrap/dip/tubing).