Thread: Remo Belli passes ...

User Info Menu

Default Remo Belli passes ...

https://www.facebook.com/remopercussion/

[IMG][/IMG]

Back in 1987 I had bought a used Remo 6.5x14 snare with the snap off lugs that let you change the head without having to remove all the nuts . Well after a very short time of playing it every night it started to cave in . It started to look like a barrel . So I had mentioned it to the guy at the store I bought it from . He mentioned it and gave my name and address to the Remo rep for the store . A week later I got a personal letter from Mr. Belli where he apologized for the bad shell and said they had been having problems with the shells doing that . Then he offered to replace the snare with the new generation shell . So 3 days later I get via UPS a new snare ! All I had to do was send the old one back in the same box , return postage was already payed for .
    A year later They started to sell the full kits here in Tucson and I bought a 7 piece kit in Fire engine red .
    Fast forward a year and I'm in Houston Texas playing the Tejano circuit with Adalberto playing the Remos . I went to visit the Remo office in San Antonio .
    I got to meet Mr.Belli in person . He just happened to be there . We talked about the drums and the shells and he said he remembered the snare as I had painted some alien faces on it in glow in the dark paint ! He said they kept that drum intact at their California office . He gave me a full set of heads for my kit and a month later I had a regional sponsorship with Remo .
    He was an engaging person to talk to and listened intently to what my opinions and needs were , never pandering or condescending . He was greatly passionate about drums and fiercely proud of the company he had built , and making the best products he could .
    As a lifelong client I sincerely hope his passing does not diminish the great products he worked so hard to bring to us .
    If it weren't for him we would still be playing on calf skins !!
    Thank you sir...well done .
    Rest in peace Remo Belli .

Rudy .

User Info Menu

Default Re: Remo Belli passes ...

Remo Belli...I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed playing on Remo heads. Rest In Peace. Job Well Done.

User Info Menu

One of the few individuals that truly changed drumming as we know it with his innovation...
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Great story. Living proof that you don't have to be a politician, rocket engineer or cure cancer to change the world. You just need to be passionate and genuine about whatever it is you do.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: Remo Belli passes ...

Not only did his innovative designs revolutionize set playing, it revolutionized hand percussion. Time was when you had to tune and re-tune the heads during an outdoor gig due to temperature or humidity changes, but FiberSkyns changed many things for bongo and conga players like me! It will be a long time before anyone even comes close to what Remo Belli has done!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I didn't even know he was still around. My first MIJ set was outfitted with Remo Sound Masters. That was about 1968. I'm still a fairly loyal Remo player although not exclusively.

all the best...