Thread: Skills' Review Series Part II - Los Cabos Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Skills' Review Series Part II - Los Cabos Drumsticks

Drumsticks are a really preference Thing, they are the extension of your arms.
    Today I wanna review my Los Cabos Drumsticks.

Last August (yup, sticks are very long lasting in my hands) I bought Jojo Mayers Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer DVD (shame on me I haven't watched yet ) and due shipping taxes and the Tips of my Vic Firth 5b's were deformed, I was looking for a new Pair of Sticks.

Actually I looked into Vic Firth again but the standard models got as pricy as the signature ones, so I found Los Cabos which are selling their standard models even cheaper as Vic and other Companies did on the regular price.

Los Cabos is a Canadian Company based in New Brunswick.
    For the common market they offer their Red and White Hickory Series.

White Hickory has standard weight while Red Hickory is heavier.

Can such cheap sticks be good?

They can!

I'm playing this pair since last August and when I had my latest Practice I fell one stick loss it's weight after all this time.

They feel exactly like Vic firth in weight and lacquer.

What did they cost: 8,99 euros
    Where have I bought it: Onlineshop of Musicstore Cologne, Germany.

10 of 10 stars.
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch (CR):
    20,12,10 + 14x5,5" PDP Maple/Bubinga snare
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Skills' Review Series Part II - Los Cabos Drumsticks

Yup. They sell them at every music shop over here. Great sticks. I had them when I first started playing. Not sure why I switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I have been playing with the Los Cabos sticks now for over 6 years and love them. I even mentioned this to drummers here . I think they are the most durable, affordable, comfortable sticks that I ever used and I am proud to say they are made in Canada with good old Canadian Maple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I have been playing with the Los Cabos sticks now for over 6 years and love them. I even mentioned this to drummers here . I think they are the most durable, affordable, comfortable sticks that I ever used and I am proud to say they are made in Canada with good old Canadian Maple.
    Bummer. American hickory trumps Canadian maple. I would have looked for them up north.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Nice to see Los Cabos getting a mention. I think they are very good and I really like supporting a hometown company. For a small Canadian province, it's cool we have two successful, world class companies in Sabian and Los Cabos.

Regarding the Los cabos Sticks, the Red Hickory ones are really tough and long-wearing but they are considerably heavier than the regular sticks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Nice to see Los Cabos getting a mention. I think they are very good and I really like supporting a hometown company. For a small Canadian province, it's cool we have two successful, world class companies in Sabian and Los Cabos.

Regarding the Los cabos Sticks, the Red Hickory ones are really tough and long-wearing but they are considerably heavier than the regular sticks.
    I don't like Sabian and prefer PAISTE instead but yeah, you guys have great companies like Ahead and LC.
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch (CR):
    20,12,10 + 14x5,5" PDP Maple/Bubinga snare
    Tama hardware
    Remo drumheads
    Paiste cymbals