Thread: drum hardware

User Info Menu

Default drum hardware

i just ordered my drums and cymbals (ddrum maple pocket) and now i need some advice on hardware i need a kick pedal snare stand 2 boom stands and a high hat stand got any suggestions i want to keep under 400 if i could thanks

User Info Menu

Gibralter has some medium to low dollar pedals and highhat stands and cymbal stands. Look at their stuff, it is really well built and won't break the bank.

User Info Menu

The DW hardware is good. That's what I use.

User Info Menu

I really like the PDP 900 series hardware. It seems very solid for a relatively small price. You might check it out, but I would go outside of PDP for your kick pedal. If you can save enough on the rest of the hardware, you could get a better quality pedal.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of my tama Hardware. The roadpro stuff in particular.
    O Bailan Todos, O No Baila Nadie

Pictures Of my Drums -- My Last.fm page

User Info Menu

I really like all of my DW5000 and 9000 hardware also but I would imagine that all you need to buy, it would be more than you have budgeted. Maybe pick a brand that you like and buy one really nice piece and then upgrade the other items as money allows. I do feel that it isn't a good idea to skimp on high use items like pedals and high hat stands though!

User Info Menu

Default tama

i was thinking about doing a tama iron cobra pedal and the rest was going to be tama stage master

User Info Menu

Try to buy the higher end stands "used" to stay within budget. DW does have a really nice double boom stand for around $150 or a little more. Blessings.....

User Info Menu

i think that Yamaha has the best hardwares, DW also very good
    Keep On Drumming

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Gibralter has some medium to low dollar pedals and highhat stands and cymbal stands. Look at their stuff, it is really well built and won't break the bank.
    I disagree, my gibralter pedal has been nothing but trouble, I've spent about as much time fixing it as I have playing it.... it's constantly coming unscrewed and one chain keeps falling apart and one of the springs even broke once...

User Info Menu

Kick Pedal - 69.99
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=443631

Snare Stand - 64.99
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=443560

Boom Stands - 59.99 each = total - 119.98
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=440462

Hi-Hat Stand - 59.99
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=443559

Grand Total 314.95 Plus Tax, Free Shipping, with 84 Dollars to spare if you want a double pedal. It's all PDP which is made by DW, and really sturdy stuff.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Buy your hardware used. I recently picked up a Tama Iron Cobra double - (double) chain drive - pedal at Daddy's for $125.00. In addition, my kit came with a new set of Tama Roadpro hardware and frankly, this is some of the best hardware I've ever used. Nice, solid, rugged construction, extremely sturdy, easy to manipulate. I also have a Percussion Plus weighted boom stand that I'm quite fond of as well. There's a lot of good hardware out there and all of the majors make excellent hw. Get the double braced no matter what you get... it may be a bit heavier (to lug around to gigs) but it's well worth it for its sturdiness and durability.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Yeah, but with a budget of 400, even if he got an iron cobra for 125, that only leaves 275 to buy two booms, a snare, and hi hat stand. I think the best all around bang for your buck, is the PD stuff that I already suggested... and priced... and listed... and added up for you. lol
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Im sorry for your trouble Shazane, I had a left hand double Gibralter Intruder that worked beautifully for me for a couple of years, I have since upgraded my pedals to a Double DW5000. But that was so that my pedals matched my high hat. The Gibralter worked great when I had it and felt good too. I'd own another one in a pinch if I could not afford the DW's!
    Last edited by backtodrum; 12-17-2007 at 05:14 PM.

User Info Menu

I have to agree with Kryshah... Bang for the buck, the Pacific stuff is hard to beat.
    If you want a affordable double pedal... do a search on ebay for VEX.
    I have their $100.00 double pedal, and its not bad for the money. I have had to fix a few pieces on it after a month or so... but I beat the crap outta everything. With all due respect, you have to play a very long time to really hit hard enough (especially with feet) to break hardware.

... the Tama stuff is nice too... but the better deal is Pacific.

Now, if you wanna get some stuff that will last a lifetime and does not have the kinda price tag that comes with DW stuff... Yamaha makes amazing hardware.

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    i think that Yamaha has the best hardwares, DW also very good
    I agree Yamaha make the best hardware in my experience, they seem to understand the need to make think robust stands etc.. Yamaha gear will take a beating.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    The 5600 series is built like a tank and not that heavy. The series does come with one boom and one stright stand.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums