Thread: Steve Adler

User Info Menu

Default Steve Adler

Opinions on steve adler? I think his drumming fit in perfectly with guns n roses. When he left the band, the songs were never the same.
    He is a great example of how styles can make a band. As great as neil peart is, his drumming would never work in guns n roses.
    I had a conversation about this today with someone. Peart would also sound bad in zeppelin.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Steve Adler

In my opinion he's a fantastic rock drummer. Not flashy at all but has a definite style. Perfect fit for GnR. One of my favorites.

User Info Menu

Steven sat in for two songs the other night. Pretty cool. Kit sounds good

RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

He's great, always was. He looks good for a guy that's had a stroke. He was always good in the studio too. He played on Civil War, the opening track on Use Your Illusion II. The reason Matt Sorum gets such a bad rap is that he had to record the bulk of Use Your Illusion I and II in post, after the rest of the tracks were already done. It's part of the reason that those albums sound so flat compared to Appetite For Destruction. Do a side by side of Civil War and any other song on those two albums and you will definitely hear the difference. Steven was great and it's nice to see him having fun.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

Steven sounded great on those songs. And quite frankly, so did Axl. His voice seems to be getting better as this tour goes on. I hope Steven finds his way behind the kit for a full show.

User Info Menu

Yeah Steven should be on the tour and back in the band. That tour would skyrocket if it were to happen. Old vids here but always liked these. Close up so you can see his style and of course always having a good time playing.

Last edited by slinky; 07-13-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN