Thread: Retirement

User Info Menu

Default Retirement

Since being out of since last July, I have decided to just retire and enjoy life maybe pick up a part time job if I get bored. Will be able to devote more attention to my grand daughters drumming and teaching all I know, throw in a little trout fishing and camping. Life is good....

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Default Re: Retirement

Sounds like a heckuva plan. Congrats and enjoy the finer things in life!

User Info Menu

Congratulations.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sounds like a good time to start buying old kits and restoring them!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, as far as buying more kits I already own 2 plus a kit set up for my grand daughter. Plan on heading up to some property I own in northern central Pa. Do a little maintenance and a lot of fishing small little town called Cross Forks, I own 10 acres on top of a mountain looking forward to getting away for about a month.....

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js218 View Post
    Since being out of since last July, I have decided to just retire and enjoy life maybe pick up a part time job if I get bored. Will be able to devote more attention to my grand daughters drumming and teaching all I know, throw in a little trout fishing and camping. Life is good....

Jim
    Jim, I envy you. I got 10 more long years before I can think retirement. Congrats and your grand daughters have an awesome grandpa!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Jim, I envy you. I got 10 more long years before I can think retirement. Congrats and your grand daughters have an awesome grandpa!
    I concur, congratulations to you! I am at least 15 years away...arghhhhhh!!!!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Yeah I figure I'm 59 might as well go for it, got lucky with a few investments so now it's time to kick back and enjoy...

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Congrats, Way to go enjoy life!!
    "Where's jazz going? I don't know. Maybe it's going to hell. You can't make anything go anywhere. It just happens".

. . . Thelonious Monk

User Info Menu

Enjoy your retirement and your grandchildren you deserve it. Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, loading up the truck to head out tonight hopefully I'll miss all the traffic and the fish are biting......

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

my generation will never be able to retire...

enjoy!!

User Info Menu

Enjoy!
    I have my own business and would love to retire, but if work comes in I feel obliged to do it.
    A blessing and a curse.
    I know you'll have a great retirement.

User Info Menu

It's all based on how you save, 2008 I purchased Ford Motor Company stock at $1 a share it was the biggest gamble of my life used all my savings and acquired 75,ooo shares, well that stock is worth $13.56 a share so I'm unloading half and saving half for my daughter and her family...... yep life is good.....

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Congrats on your retirement!! I retired in January of this year and it is an amazing feeling - absolutely love it, Sounds like you will too.

User Info Menu

Yeah leaving tonight for my cabin in the mountains, plan on kicking back and doing alot of fishing and a little maintenance on the cabin. Plan on at least a month of enjoYing te great outdoors. .....

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Jim,

I've been retired for 10-12 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. (Although I wish I could change what happened last year).

You are going to love it, and be glad that you invested your money. I did through my accountant/investor starting in the mid-'70's when a lot of the comm companies were getting started so shares that today would cost $500,$600,$700, we were getting for $10 or $20 a share.

Anyway, enjoy it my friend, sit back and enjoy it.

User Info Menu

Truck is loaded, wife and dog,are ready on our way to Cross Forks Pa. Spend about a month in the mountains and just relax, thanks for all the well wishes. See you guys in about a month...

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js218 View Post
    Truck is loaded, wife and dog,are ready on our way to Cross Forks Pa. Spend about a month in the mountains and just relax, thanks for all the well wishes. See you guys in about a month...

Jim
    Wow...have a great trip!!

User Info Menu

I've been building my 401K for 25yrs and I hopefully have another 20yrs to go, but I still won't have enough to retire completely. I'm figuring I'll need close to $1M in order to survive for 20yrs without any income starting in the year 2036. My mom has built up 35yrs of profit sharing in Wal-Mart. She travels to Europe and all over now. It looks like she's determined to spend as much of it as she can before she goes....and I sincerely hope she does. She earned every last penny being a farm wife for 25yrs and working for Wal-Mart for another 35yrs. I just hope she leaves enough that we can bury her.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham