Thread: Different Setup

User Info Menu

Default Different Setup

Anyone have a setup like this? Or anything similar? Just trying something new!

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/br...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Default Re: Different Setup

my arms are to long for something like this

User Info Menu

Why?

User Info Menu

I have no idea the cat's name, but I have seen a bop drummer with his kit configured like that. Decades ago in fact. He had three ride cymbals and liked access to the one on the left for his right hand like that. He barely touched his toms anyway.
    I have never gone there on my own kit. I stick with a pretty standard rock config.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Why?
    I figured when you sit down, the snare drum is usually the drum in between your legs. Therefore this would be the core of your kit. You build everything around that.

Your bass drum and hi hat go where your feet go (assuming there is no use of cable hardware or a double pedal set up). I then figured the ride cymbal is probably the next most important part of the kit, as it one of the time keeping cymbals. So i wanted it to be as close as possible, so why not put it right in front of me.

The two toms on the right was just a natural place to put them. But I found if i was doing a fill and it ended on the floor tom, going to that left crash was a far distance so I put a crash on the right as well. And finally a tom goes on the left hand so my tom playing isn't right hand heavy.

The main point of the setup is to have all of the core elements of the kit as close as possible, and accessories on either side. The only reason I wouldn't set up a kit with the snare being dead center so that my body is facing completely forward to the audience is because then the bass drum would be off to the right and that wouldn't work that well acoustically.
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Cool! Go for it!

all the best...